panny 42" pz800 plasma worth calibrating

olly1

Hi all
Like the title says is my pz800 it worth calibrating,is there enough options in the hidden menues to make a decent job of it or do I wait untill I get something better.Personally I think reds and greens seem to be a bit lurid even though I,m on cinema warm with contrast,brightness about 50%.Also at the minute i,ve got a ps3,panny bluray player and sd sky,if I was to change any of my kit in the future would I need to calibrate again.Cheers in advance.:thumbsup:

mwardy

I did mine (pz80), and while I have no doubt a pro would do it better it is already considerably improved on what it was. There is no colour management system to get the colours bang on, but they are a lot easier on the eye now that greyscale is thereabouts. So if you are thinking about it, I'd go for it.

I'll leave the q about recalibrating to those with real world experience of the impact of swapping equipment in a fully calibrated chain.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom