Panny 42" plasma with sky

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by MartinN, Jul 3, 2002.

1. MartinN

MartinN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I'm about to order Sky and was thinking of feeding the signal in via a RGBScart -> VGA convertor box.
    But I think you loose the Just & Zoom modes (I could be wrong).

What % of the channels are widescreen? [I know the bbc ones are and I'm not subscribing to sports or movies]

Would I be better off feeding the signal via s-video and watching the 4:3 stuff in just mode? - to avoid the dreaded burn-in!

ps. I'm already using the component input for my DVD

Thanks

Martin

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,035
    You'll lose Just mode not zoom. RGB is better than S-video. A varied view should leave you trouble free of uneven wear or burn in. WS is pretty good for 4:3 stuff but if it gets too noticable in squish I 4:3 it with grey borders for comedy stuff or black border if they bug me.
    The RGB to VGA John Sim box is in general the choice of preference. Visit the US www.avsforum.com site and search using Sky and you'll see other UK plasma owners who take this route. Oh and a RGB only QED Scart is worthwhile - had an Ixos before and visibly inferior imho.