Panny 37" VGA v's Component

S2KI

Standard Member
Reaction score
Following on from Elvis Jnr's thread about connecting a th-37pw5b. I have the Denon AVR 2802 which has 2x component outs.

I was planning to use the JS box for sky to VGA and run my DVD and X box through component on the 2802.

I presume I can use both the VGA & component at the same time.

Will this give me the best results, or should I get the JS box to component and daisy chain (RGB) the DVD and SKY??

Also will the panny accept a composite sync into either the V or H, if so then this would be a cheaper alternative. The IXOS scart - 4RCA

[URL}http://www.hificables.co.uk/acatalog/SCART_to_BNC_.html[/URL]

I should of said YUV component and not RGB component

Hi,

Both routes will give you an excellent picture, we are really getting down to personal preferences. You can indeed use the VGA and component inputs. They are two separate inputs - Component and PC.

I would say that because you only have 2 inputs for component switching, and the XBox can do Progressive Scan you should use the RGB -> VGA convertor.

This will give you the best picture available, but you will have to use the plasma remote to switch between the source inputs and you will need to run two cables to the plasma.

The two cables solution gives you more flexibility for the future, especially if you are burying cables in the wall. It makes it easy to add a scaler at a later date. You just have to keep the plasma remote handy...

I would go for the VGA solution. If you use the SCART to 4 RCA you lose the ability to do progressive scan on any of your devices.

James

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom