1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 37" Plasmas, whats the difference?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by RockSteddie, Apr 3, 2005.

1. RockSteddie

RockSteddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Hi All

I've been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now trying to gather as much information to aid my purchase of a plasma, and all you guys on here have been really helpful with your posts, its a great forum.

I've finally decided to go for the Panasonic 37" THP37W7BS which I've seen on the av-sales website. I also noticed the TH37PWD7 model which seems to have the exact same specifications as the PW7B but with a £374 price increase. So what is the difference between the two?

Sorry if this is a really thick question :rolleyes:

Also, what would give better picture quality for a freeview box connection, either a Scart Terminal board or a JS Scart to VGA converter box to the VGA port on the panny?

One last question, do you think a 42" screen would be too large for a viewing distance of 7ft (One of the main reasons I've edged towards the 37" model)

Thanks for any replies.

Omino

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I have tried both and am very pleased with the improvements I see with the JS box, the straight scart terminal is good though, but the JS box is very, very good (sharper and brighter)

Same viewing distance as me.... I thought the 37" was massive when I first got it, but have got used to it very quickly, if you are wall mounting it could probably get away with a 42", but pq may not look as good as the 37" that close up.

lisa

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    the d models are the commercial flavour and basically have more PIP type options and more settings that can be tweaked

4. JohnCCFC

JohnCCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I thought that the PW7 had PWD6 inners with 7th gen glass, and the PWD7 has newer inners (better spec) with same glass.

5. DAS

DAS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With regards to viewing distance, I watch a 37" from about 7ft. When setting it up, it was in the middle of the room and I thought it would look ridiculously big when in place. I got used to it within a day and it actually makes my room look bigger as it takes up less depth, even with the stand. I appreciate its size when I visit my old 21" CRT at my Mum's!