1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 37 inch P7 same quality as P7 42 inch?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Davidgilmour, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,
    I am about to buy a Panny P7 37 inch screen with the PT 600 tuner for 2,200 euros in .nl which is like 1,500 quid.

I read on one or two posts that this Panny P7 is not as good as the 42 inch, somone wrote that it's a plain bad screen !

Since I am not able to test the screen with component in the store I can not tell it for myself.

What to do ? I like the 42 inch screen quality, is this the same as the 37 inch screen qualitywise ?

Thanks for any help!

2. OvertoneBliss

OvertoneBliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at the specs of these two earlier (as I'm also going to be getting the 37" in the future) and it appears they are both the same except for size)... I could be wrong though, and I probably am :).

Sorry, I know that's kinda useless really :(.

Phil.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    was that "superpixel" by any chance?
    theyb are both very good screens but the Media box is pretty useless better of with an AV amp and component input card

4. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    yes, it was ' superpixel' but 'av-learner' said this:

also, in holland I can get the PW7 with the tuner for 1500 quid where a loose PW7 would cost 1430 quid !
    I want to watch DVD's (RGB SCART or COMPONENT), play the XBOX,PS2,Gamecube and old skool consoles thru RGB Scart or Component and I don't really care about the tv picture, will use just plain analogue cable input.
    So instead of trying to import one from the UK for 1,000 quid + 100 quid shipping + 300 quid for a component and SCART input , I am tempted to have this one delivered here to me with a 2 year warranty from a local shop.

What's so bad about the tuner ? And those specs from the Panny P7 are even better than my favourite Plasma screen the Fujitsu VHA 30 which I still can't get in holland or germany for less than 2,000 quid ( budget ).

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    VHA30 is better but connections more limited, can always buy the PW7 with tuner and sell the tuner and buy input boards.......not sure what av-learner was on about to be honest. If you can afford it buy the VHA has the connections you need on the screen.......