Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

panny 36pd30c or tosh 36zp38b

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by kicker31, Dec 8, 2003.

1. kicker31

kicker31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    i am currently thinking of upgrading my panny 28 widescreen tv which i got in may 1999, what id like to no is it best to go to 32' or 36' tv , also all you guys on here help me out which set should i get a panasonic tx-36pd30 or a toshiba 36zp38b, ive noticed good reviews for both sets, and went into local shop and thought the panasonic was best pq in all crts there, followed by toshiba, ive seen all forums slating the pd30s faults, i dont want to pay 1600 to be disapointed, ive never had anything wrong with panasonic i own now, and pq on dvds looks excelllent.any help appreciated gonna buy one off them before end of week

2. zeymatis

zeymatis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been on the look out for a 32or 36" TV for 3 months now and narrowed it down to either the panny or tosh . i decided on 32" in the end becuas of the size of me room .

If u go to totenham court road , to the 2nd to last hi-fi shop on the left under the canopy they have a pd30 and the tosh right next to each other for comparison .
    For looks i think that both of the tvs will be a matter of taste , but both tvs look the dogs doh dahs .

As far as the sound goes ,, the tosh wins hands down , giving a big bold almost hifi seperates sound , compared to the panny which sounds ok but no where near up to the standars of the tosh .

The picture is what u want though and with out a doubt its the panny which wins hands down here ,, on 75/822i mode it is stunning , the clolurs are incredible ,, allthough there is the temptation to over blow them when tweaking . Blck dpth is oncredible and whites look like they have just come off the washing line .
    2 RGB and 2 further scarts , and u have a brill TV .

i had mine delivered at the weekend (6th dec) and have thrown every dvd i can think of at it , and it has not let me down ,
    Watching monsters inc looks like it is really in 3D and LOTR looks awesome .

I ve read the forum here with all the faults for the panny and fingers crossed i hope mine develop any , but i would go for the panny allthough the tosh runs a very close 2nd

3. kicker31

kicker31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for that, at moment panny is 300 dearer than the tosh, but i have to agree that panny has a excellent picture, got december issue of what hifi sound and vision and in their best buys section a panny tx-28ps1 gets budget, a panny tx32pd30 gets midrange and the big brother panny tx36pd30 gets high end, well ive got to end of week to decide so might go and have another play on them only thing is the panny is shop is a 32 and tosh is a 36, and i think ill prob go for the 36 version of one of them. any one else on here got any thing to say about each of these?????

4. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you considered the new JVC range? Have a look, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Bazza

5. chris l.

chris l.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    kicker31

Copy of my previous post on this-

"I currently have an original Tosh Pic Frame 36ZP18 and can only praise its picture quality (dvd via component and NTL digital) and reliability (1.5 years service to date). However, I'm wanting to take advantage of my new Denon DVD2200 PAL / NTSC progressive output, so I'm looking to upgrade. I have demo'd both the new Tosh 36ZP38 and Panasonic 36PD30 side by side and the Panasonic has the edge on picture quality.

I'm will be going for the Panasonic shortly, but for you info I saw the Tosh 36ZP18 for £1300.00 including 3 years warranty at Costco (Oldham)."

Regards,

Chris L.