1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panny 36PB50

Discussion in 'TVs' started by kerraig, Jan 27, 2003.

1. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if this telly has component ports. Had a look on the panny website but it doesn't seem to mention it.

It supports 100hz progressive scan so I would presume so, but if anybody knows for sure i'd appreciate it.

2. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    No unfortunately it doesn’t have component input . The progressive scan feature is specifically for NTSC on this set

Panasonic TX32PB50 ,Marantz SR5200 ,Toshiba 210ED ,Amstrad DRX300
    Mission M72 ,Mission M7C ,Mission M7ds ,Eltax Atomic A10 Sub
    AIWA VCR ,Gale SPKR cables ,IXOS Scart

From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

3. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so how do i get NTSC prog scan out of it? Can I get it with RGB scart?

I have a chipped xbox which is prog scan compatible, but only with the advanced av lead. How will this work?

4. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    when you play back and NTSC material the TV will automatically switch to progressive scan(if you leave it auto mode) . Any PAL material will automatically play back in 100Hz mode

check out the PH range for component input's or the Toshiba unit's (all of these come with component input)

5. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now i'm confused. I thought the source had to output a prog scan signal. And I thought the input had to be through component to achieve this.

I've already bought the panny unfortunately, but i guess an exchange could be on the cards.

6. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I know what your getting at ,

remember this is not true progressive scan which like you say you need a prog scan dvd player connected via a component lead and by the way a non interlaced display .

Was this the main reason you picked this set ?

7. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes unfortunately it was.

It was an impulse buy cos I got it immensely cheaply (£1100).

Maybe I could actually sell it on at no loss and start from scratch again/

8. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    was this from ED ?

At the end of the day if it's under a certain age (think about 10 days) although I maybe wrong you can ask for your money back . Remember your rights

Regarding the pb50 , it is a good set , the pic quality is fatastic with great contrast and edge definition

even the onboard DD and DTS sounds very good

then you have all those useless options like picture in picture ,strobe ,index search etc etc

9. kerraig

kerraig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was from sound & vision in Bolton.

I've had the tv for 3 weeks so I don't think i'm entitled to a refund. Anyways, I set the tv up last night (haven't been home in a while) and was blown away by the RGB picture I got from my xbox. On Halo i could see what weapon a grunt was carrying 50 yards away. Never been able to do that before. Colours and contrast were stonking too. The progressive feature caused a moire effect that I didn't like but 100hz plays like a dream.

Not so happy with the DVD picture, but that is plugged in via s/vidoe at the moment. Hopefully RGB connection should fix that. Loads of noise and inconsistent blacks.

My telewest digital box arrives tomorrow. Do you know if they have component in ports? Then I can feed my DVD player through that. Is that a better option than a scart switcher? Both my DVD and my digi tv have to go into the same RGB port.

Thanks for your advice here dood :kisses: