1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panny 300 import

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stevebut1, Aug 21, 2003.

1. stevebut1

stevebut1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend brought me a panny 300 back from japan, now looking for a hoya filter. Seems to have several threads in the lens, the first set seem to measure 68mm, is this correct?. We also have a panny 100and the lens look different( Panny 300 in lpool panny 100 in carlisle have not managed to get them side by side yet). Also noticed on another site the nz panny 300 has an av socket,does the uk panny 300 have a av socket?,the japan panny 300 does not

2. John DB

John DB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Steve,

According to people over at avsforum.com the outer thread is 67mm and the inner thread is 55mm. Uk panny does indeed have a thumpin great scart socket on the back!

What filter(s) are you thinking of trying? I'm maybe gonna try the Neutral Density x2 and also the kodak CC05M as mentioned in THIS thread or perhaps the hoya FLD, can't decide!

3. stevebut1

stevebut1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply, I was hoping somebody would confirm which is the best filter, so much information on the web to read and digest, especially the usa sites.
    steveb