Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panny 300, Epson Home 10, Hitachi Home 1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jim McC, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Jim McC

Jim McC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to decide between these 3 projectors, I have read reviews on all 3, but I have nowhere to view them. According to reviews, the Panny 300 has the least SDE, then Epson, and Hitachi last. The Panny & Hitachi only have 1 year warranty, & the Epson 2 years. The Panny sounds like the best picture of all 3. Should I be worried about only 1 year warranty on Panny, and has it been very reliable? I surely would appreciate any input on these 3 projectors. My screen will be about 52"X92", room totally dark, sitting up to 15 feet back. Thanks.

2. docfeelgood

docfeelgood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Jim.

I've seen the panny 300 and the hitachi on a number of occasions.

In my (and a number of friends) opinion the panny gave a much nicer picture (abliet slightly softer) and has the flexibility of an RGB scart.

The Hitachi does have lens shift though... and is still good for the money.

regards

:)

Doc