Panny 26LMD70 for £349 (JL) or pay more for the LXD70?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by bonkersrob, Jan 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bonkersrob

bonkersrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I've been offered a price-match on the Panasonic 26LMD70 in JL for £349 including their 5 year warranty - but I've been very tempted by going for the 26LXD70 instead. Which one would you guys advise going for?

Is there a lot of difference between these 2 sets?! I want the set to go into the bedroom, and I will be watching sport on it (worried about motion blurr!).

Has anyone had a price-match for the 26LXD70 in a JL store (in or around London?!) for £449 ie. the price which ASDA was doing the 26LXD70 for?

Does anybody know if ASDA are still selling the LXD70 for £449 or are stocks all gone?

If anyone can offer any advice, that would be great.
    Thanks,

Rob

2. MattyKHZ

MattyKHZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I looked into this yonks ago and ended up, like you, with a PM for £349

Asda are not very helpful at letting you know where they have LXD70's. You can go somewhere and find it is an LMD70 or LXD7 or LXD69. They don't know the difference.

If you look at http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/Panasonic_TX26LMD70.htm they feel that the difference between 50Hz and 100Hz is not that noticeable on the 26".

I would get the LMD70 at £349, IMO the £100-150 difference you would have to pay for the LXD isn't worth it. Only if you use a PS3 or something would you need the extra facilities you are paying £150 realistically for as you won't find a £449 LXD70 to get JL to pricematch.