1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panni pw6 help needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by iain ems, Dec 20, 2004.

1. iain ems

iain ems

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all im new here so please bear with me. I have just taken delivery of a panni pw6 plasma with a component rgb board fitted and a composit board fitted (ty 42 tm6y /ty 42 tm6b) im using a pioneer 717 dvd and a panosonic freeview box. im having real problems wiring things up. all I can get to work is the dvd through s vhs with a s vhs to s vhe lead. i have a cheepo scart spliter box(asda) and it is pluged in to both my dvd and free view box then in turn this is pluged in to the plasma screan via scart to rgb(3 rca phonos to bnc adaptors) but sadly no joy. what am I doing wrong? the kiddies are getting restlus for cbbes! im not to fused about the audio as that goes straight from the dvd to the av amp.

any help would be well recieved. thanks in advance Iain

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    iain welcome (where did you buy the screen???) Dump scart you dont have the inputs to use it... Either get a JS technology RGB>VGA converter and MSC scart controller (£200 for both + cables) or connect DVD via component (3RCA>BNC lead) and FV by composite (YUK) or get the scart board (JS option gives better PQ and JS for FV and component for DVD the best of both worlds) have a search here as most people are running similar set-ups..... PS I assume DVD has component outputs if not then consider an upgrade

3. iain ems

iain ems

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hornydragon

Thanks for the reply. my dvd has scart s/vhs outputs and my freeview box only has scart. the shop that sold me the screen (low cost plasmas) were suppost to sell it with a scart board but for were unable to get one. so it came with no boards and they supplyed a s/vhs composite board. sadly the lead they supplyed was a scart(to plug in to dvd/ freeview) and a rgb on the other end. as they delivered the screen ,wall mount, cable together I had a guy install it all. then when the board arrived I found out that nothing worked, so they then supplyed a rgb component board but still no joy.so I need someone to take methrough what has gone wrong here. will I need to find a scart board?

Iain

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  5. iain ems

iain ems

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the help, ive got the right cables now and all is fine.

Iain

6. Matthew J Taylo

Matthew J Taylo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iain,

I've had a PWD6 for about 10 months & I fully endorse Horny dragon as far as the JD tech RGB (i.e. scart from DVD & STB) to VGA 2 box.

£120 quid & you PQ, especially TV is much improved.

I don't have the MSC but sounds like you need the extra scart connector so well worth the trouble.

Sounds like your sorted anyway.

Cheers
    Matt

PS - it's also worth reading up about picture settings on this site, i.e. optimum brightness & contrast etc..