panic selling

J

jmack

everyone seems to selling there copy of panic room is it that bad or is there another reason?

its a good film but not a keeper and i dont think you would watch again so thats why most people will trade it on

This is an excellent film but it doesn't contain either aliens or explosions.

Originally posted by Ian J
This is an excellent film but it doesn't contain either aliens or explosions.
Bugger.:( How can it be a good film then.;)

Originally posted by mcmullanbrush
Actually Ian, it does have an explosion in it.

I've only seen the trailer and even i know that! :p

ad

It was a typing error. I meant to say that it doesn't contain either aliens or sex.

Just have two copies of it myself, so thought id trade one.

Shame that this was the same person that did Fight Club as unlike most ppl I loved fight club. Apart from the nice camera work I thought Panic Room sucked.

:eek:

Originally posted by Ripco
Shame that this was the same person that did Fight Club as unlike most ppl I loved fight club. Apart from the nice camera work I thought Panic Room sucked.

:eek:

Evidently you haven't met me. Hi, I'm Gambit and I have a big problem. I adore Fight Club so much I actually think I have a friend called Tyler. It is my all time favorite film.
Didn't know Fincher did panic room, when I watched i saw nothing that would link the two films, cinematically speaking. Perhaps cause Fight Club was such a good book (i.e. he had better material to work with) he could make such a good movie?

All of Finchers films have been different. Panic Room has shared themes with Alien 3 and The Game but I wouldnt say he had a particular style, other than being quite good at directing films.

I was really disapointed with Panic Room, very pedestrian... Even Jodie Foster and Forest Whitaker, two actors I greatly admire, seemed to sleepwalk through this.

Gambit, you're right, Fight Club is one of the very best films of recent years. It reminds me of an updated version of the 1960's tv series The Prisoner.

Let's hope Fincher returns to form with his next effort.

Yummy Fur

Im in with the in crowd.

To Gambit and MacMullan Brush.

Didnt you notice the same camera angles in both films? Like the Ed Norton sitting in the chair and the camera flying from there to the car park with the bomb. ALA The camera in Panic Room going through locks and through floors etc.

I am so SMART! I am so SMART! (_8^(l) <--- Homer DOH!

I think Alien three was Finchers most disapointing film to date. Maybe if the studio had let him get on and do his own thing it may have been better. But after sacking one director you can understand them getting the jitters a bit.

I must say Fight Club must rate as one of my Favorite films of all time, and IMO Finchers finest film. No matter how bad Panic Room may or may not be, it's still better than anything any of us could turn out. Which is something a lot of us forget. :)

I think many of us here regard Fight Club highly. Hence my disapointment with Panic Room, Fincher is obviously capable of much better than this. Kubrick would never have directed a 'Carry On'...
Ripco-- you're right about the camera work. All that flying through locks and stuff reminded me of many David Lynch films.

Yummy Fur

Lets face it, Fincher has made a cracking start with Fight Club and Seven. Most Directors would be happy with those two films in their careers, let alone in their first four films. Panic Room and The Game are both perfectly good thrillers by any standards, we cant expect him to produce brilliance every time.

it's still better than anything any of us could turn out.

Have you been inside my head??? Lol.

Care to enlighten me as too what you mean by this, I'm a bit thick.:rolleyes:

Have you directed a film?

I used to be a wannabe film maker and maybe one day I still might. Dont write off what has not been written, YET!

Originally posted by Ian J
It was a typing error. I meant to say that it doesn't contain either aliens or sex.

Raoul for the former:confused: :p :D

It is a very good film, but one which could've ended a few minutes in if only the US were privilege to to BT's old motto of it being good to talk. Ludicrous, in fact, that a woman would of surpassed such an oppurtunity in favour of guess the cue card - perhaps someone was a Bob Dylan fan?
However, the biggest flaw to the film was its sheer lack of Sony sponsorship oppurtunities being taken - must've suffered for it.

Originally posted by mcmullanbrush
Lets face it, Fincher has made a cracking start with Fight Club and Seven. Most Directors would be happy with those two films in their careers, let alone in their first four films. Panic Room and The Game are both perfectly good thrillers by any standards, we cant expect him to produce brilliance every time.

I expect, nay, demand perfection everytime. I could see some similarity between Fight Club and Se7en (i.e. two of the characters looked very similar) cinematically speaking, but I would never have linked Panic Room to him. But I suppose your right, I couldn't do any better, and I guess everyone has their off days.

I thought this was a film which has a lot of wasted potential.

The plot was just so full of holes, I spent the whole film shouting at the screen. I found it quite frustrating to sit through, why would a panic room have all those supplies, water, etc, and have absolutely no sugar at all in it, why would a diabetic be going hypo in the middle of the night when she was obviously stressed to hell (her blood sugar should be going up), why not just tell the police what's going on - the burglars can't hear you - tell them to go away and come back in ten minutes when you've broken the cameras, how the fudge do you get up after having your right hand destroyed in a door and being hit full force in the face with a sledge hammer and falling fifteen feet?

Just seemed a bit of a waste of an otherwise well-made film to me.

Owain

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom