1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panic room

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by toad, Sep 6, 2002.

1. toad

toad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anybody received panic room from CD-WOW yet? Is it a 2 disc superbit same as the region 1? they have it as a single disc region 0, or is this just another bad description?
    As I don't wether to order it or the region 1 version.

2. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure which version they will be shipping.
    I expect it is the South East Asian R3 ? which Movietyme are also now shipping.

BTW there is currently NO 2 disk version available anywhere in the world. The R1 like R2 and elsewhere is only a 1 disk with DD & DTS, not sure if its officially called superbit here.
    The 2 disk SE probably without DTS will follow next year.

3. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The R1 Canadian and USA versions are listed as having a running time of 112 mins, as stated by the IMDB. The Region 0 South Asia version has (according to CD-WOW) got a running time of 152 mins and is not the anamorphic version. I think I'll just order the R1 !

4. toad

toad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the replies, if the region 3 version isn't anamorphic I will also order the region 1 version. Why is there such a difference in the running time? is it a directors cut or something?

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whatever it says on the CD-WOW website is irrelevant. They sometimes get it wrong, especially with new releases.

I don't see how you can have a superbit title that is non-anamorphic.

6. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    i got my copy from cd wow today its a genuine r3 superbit from columbia tristar its a 1 disc superbit with a 2/35/1 transfer with dts & dd soundtracks. It doesnt say it is anamorphic on the box but I am 100% sure its anamorphic as i didnt have to zoom the picture up on my projector to get the image a reasonable size which i have to do for non anamorphic discs. The 2 disc special editions are not available till later on in the year so the r1 version available in a few weeks is only a 1 disc version so

the running time is 112 mins and it seems a good transfer to me will watch it all tonight it come in a very thin cardboard slipcase i am very happy with it and it only cost me £9.50 deliverd:D

The artwork is identical to the picture show at play for the r1

also check here the packaging and the menu screens are identical to the r1 version i have got