panic room

T

toad

has anybody received panic room from CD-WOW yet? Is it a 2 disc superbit same as the region 1? they have it as a single disc region 0, or is this just another bad description?
As I don't wether to order it or the region 1 version.

M

malcy

Originally posted by toad
has anybody received panic room from CD-WOW yet? Is it 2 disc superbit same as region 1? they have it as a single disc region 0, or is this just another bad description?
As I don't wether to order it or not.
Not sure which version they will be shipping.
I expect it is the South East Asian R3 ? which Movietyme are also now shipping.

BTW there is currently NO 2 disk version available anywhere in the world. The R1 like R2 and elsewhere is only a 1 disk with DD & DTS, not sure if its officially called superbit here.
The 2 disk SE probably without DTS will follow next year.

rosemanbridge

Standard Member
The R1 Canadian and USA versions are listed as having a running time of 112 mins, as stated by the IMDB. The Region 0 South Asia version has (according to CD-WOW) got a running time of 152 mins and is not the anamorphic version. I think I'll just order the R1 !

T

toad

Cheers for the replies, if the region 3 version isn't anamorphic I will also order the region 1 version. Why is there such a difference in the running time? is it a directors cut or something?

S

Squirrel God

Whatever it says on the CD-WOW website is irrelevant. They sometimes get it wrong, especially with new releases.

I don't see how you can have a superbit title that is non-anamorphic.

chic

i got my copy from cd wow today its a genuine r3 superbit from columbia tristar its a 1 disc superbit with a 2/35/1 transfer with dts & dd soundtracks. It doesnt say it is anamorphic on the box but I am 100% sure its anamorphic as i didnt have to zoom the picture up on my projector to get the image a reasonable size which i have to do for non anamorphic discs. The 2 disc special editions are not available till later on in the year so the r1 version available in a few weeks is only a 1 disc version so

the running time is 112 mins and it seems a good transfer to me will watch it all tonight it come in a very thin cardboard slipcase i am very happy with it and it only cost me £9.50 deliverd:D

The artwork is identical to the picture show at play for the r1

also check here the packaging and the menu screens are identical to the r1 version i have got