Panic Room 4K UHD (29/03/22)

Dean

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So it looks like this is due to be finally released! This excerpt is taken from TheDigitalBits.com:

"Retail sources had begun to suggest over the last few days that David Fincher’s Panic Room (2002) would FINALLY be coming to 4K Ultra HD in March from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, and we have indeed been able to confirm this with our industry sources. It’s not officially announced yet, but we expect it to be shortly and the anticipated street date is 3/29. We will of course post more information as soon as we have it. What’s interesting about this title is that it’s never even been released on Blu-ray Disc—the best we’ve gotten to date is a Superbit DVD back in 2002. It’s been rumored on both Blu-ray and 4K over the past few years, but never materialized. No doubt the studio discovered that—due to its extensive use of early digital VFX—significant remastering was required, and it appears that’s finally happened. With a little luck, the 4K will include a remastered Blu-ray version as well."

The DVD, although okay at the time of release, is pretty ropey for such a dark film so I think a 4K UHD release with HDR is most welcome.
No mention of an Atmos or DTS:X soundtrack but that would also be a nice touch for this type of film.
I will definitely be pre-ordering this one if the rumors are true

Indeed, can't wait for this one! I don't think I even have the DVD so when I have watched it in recent times it's just been on a very low quality Freeview channel which is just awful! :D

Fincher’s worst for me, rather have any other of his films than this tedious effort.

Fincher’s worst for me, rather have any other of his films than this tedious effort.
Kind of agree. Its OK but he's got a fair few much more worthy of a 4K than this one.

I agree some other fincher films are more than worthy of the 4K treatment but we never had a bluray release of this one.
I was rocking the superbit digipak dvd for years so looking forward to this!

Half a dozen of his movies that I'd rather see on 4K first but hey ho. It's a start. Saw it on streaming not so long ago so no rush to pick this one up but if Sony do their usual job on A/V, I will do eventually.

For something that was never released on Bluray, I'll take it.

The Abyss and True Lies would also be "nice".

Fincher's worse for me is Alien 3. Panic room is not the best Fincher film, but when you consider the genre of home invasion films I think it's quite good.

Fincher's worse for me is Alien 3. Panic room is not the best Fincher film, but when you consider the genre of home invasion films I think it's quite good.
Really? I love alien 3, it's certainly better than the 4th effort.
I don't know if it's because it was the first one that i caught at the cinema but it has some really great scenes in there, it's well acted and i loved the alien.

Always meant to catch panic room but never got round to it, might give this a look.

Alien 3 is better than this generic crap. The problem with Alien 3 is, is that it’s way worse than the Aliens that preceded it.

Really? I love alien 3, it's certainly better than the 4th effort.
I don't know if it's because it was the first one that i caught at the cinema but it has some really great scenes in there, it's well acted and i loved the alien.

Always meant to catch panic room but never got round to it, might give this a look.

Alien 3 is one of those films I just hate, I saw it in the cinema in 1992 and I have watched the Director's Cut and I still feel the same.

It's not Fincher's fault though, the film had a lot of production issues, and I can only imagine how good it might have been with a different plot. I appreciate it has it's fans though. Anything is better than Alien Resurrection!

Alien 3 is one of those films I just hate, I saw it in the cinema in 1992 and I have watched the Director's Cut and I still feel the same.

It's not Fincher's fault though, the film had a lot of production issues, and I can only imagine how good it might have been with a different plot. I appreciate it has it's fans though. Anything is better than Alien Resurrection!
I'll agree on Resurrection, saw that at the cinema and once that...thing was unveiled i nearly walked out, how do you go from the Queen in Aliens to this dopey looking thing?

I'll agree on Resurrection, saw that at the cinema and once that...thing was unveiled i nearly walked out, how do you go from the Queen in Aliens to this dopey looking thing?
Have to say I quite liked Resurrection up until that point.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom