Panel type on LG

Imrahill

Established Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what type of panel is used on the Lg UH770 60"? I know it's an IPS but can't find out if it's 8 or 10 bit?

Don't know which type of panel but as it gives a super picture , who cares LOL

I'm No expert but quick look at wiki

Currently, in order to adhere to the UHD Premium specification in 2016 a product must firstly have a resolution of at least 3840x2160. It must be capable of displaying a 10-bit colour depth, allowing for 1,024 shades of each of the three primary colours red, green and blue, as opposed to the 256 allowed by the current 8-bit standard.

I've also found info online it's an 8bit panel
LG blurb states 10 bit

Last edited:
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on black levels.
I'm considering the 770v as my next purchase, but concerned with blacks on the panel as I have a darkened room and have recent experiance with Sony va panel lcd

Are the blacks bad or could just be better? I'm really tempted by this set my man cave isn't pitch black even at night? And what size did u go for? Am looking at 55"/60" it was this set or the panny dx750

I got the 55 inch. I'd say black levels could be better but that's just me being picky, it's by no means unacceptable. Overall picture quality is excellent (in my opinion). I am very happy with it.

Yeah I like it gets good reviews for gaming and I'm reluctant to spend much more to get a 4K certified premium set due to there not being tonnes of content out there, and by the time there's enough out there the premium sets will be much cheaper but that will be next year at the earliest IMO. No the UH7700 looks a great deal at the price(I can get 10% off due to a discount) so the 55" is about 1k nothing comes close to the specs for the money

seems many people never heard of this forum: Телевизори

it is a REAL GOLD MINE for panel types and is UPDATED every year....!

now, you all know it exists !

ps: use translate addons...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom