Panel Replacement Experiences

Haniyyah

Hi there

For those of you who have had your panel replaced, what has been your experience? There is a video or 2 on YouTube and I am not impressed with the care and lack of professionalism when changing panels lol. More importantly how was the new panel in terms of uniformity? Many people are suggesting that panel replacements are themselves refurbished units and have significantly worse banding out of the box. I have Yorkshire Media Ltd coming to replace my C9 due to some dead pixels and apart from that the panel is excellent. Just hoping I don’t get a panel that is significantly worse. Are C9 and CX panels the same and how would I know if they fitted a C9 panel for example?

peppebi

I have got two panel replacement and I will ask for a third one. The first replacement panel was better than the original one but still with vertical banding and a darker are. The second one, well, I think is exactly the same panel and they just said "we replaced the panel" but they actually didn't. That's why I will ask for a third replacemente hoping it will be better.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Maybe they collected the TV and did the panel replacement in the workshop.

peppebi

Yes they collected the TV and kept the TV for a week. I have seen now that in the repair tracking page they left note to call them. I tried yesterday (also to ask for a new panel) but the they dropped the call and it was impossible to go further.

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom