1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panel Cleaning under warranty?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by spamboy, Nov 18, 2004.

1. spamboy

spamboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you developed dustblobs, was this sorted under warranty? My Z1 had developed a green cast to the image and when I phoned the sanyo service centre they said that a) it was probably dirt and b) it'd be £90 to fix if that was the case.

Seems a bid odd.

SB

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    If the projector is still under warranty, then it's under warranty.

I don't see how they can charge you for it.

Unless the green cast comes into sharp focus if you completely defocus the unit, it is unlikely to be dust.

I'd speak to Sanyo again.

Steve

3. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Too many variables:
    a) Was the problem reported immediatly? If so you should be within your right to have this done FOC unless
    b) The dust level is within Snayo's spec (Like pixels).
    c) You haven't maintained the unit correctly or
    d) Used in a smokey / dusty environment.

I've heard this all before and there are not many manufacturers that will do this under warranty.
    BTW, as I have had many agruments on this, manufacturers warranty really only cover manufacturing defects. I suppose it's depends on what you class a manufacturing defect as. get ready for a long hard battle.
    Alos, £90 is quite cheap given that they may have to do a full strip down and re-build of the optics which can take 3 hours if they have to clean everything, take smoke breaks, sandwich, etc.