Panasonic's usage hours?

Immortal Ninja

Novice Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased the Panasonic TX-58DX750B TV from Richer Sounds. When I phoned to reserve it for Collection I was told it was Brand New Boxed. However, on reaching the store I was told they couldn't find it, but had an open-box one which they would give me a 10% discount on, making the price £719. I accepted this on the understanding that it was not an ex-display model with hundreds of hours usage. I was assured it was not ex-display. On getting the TV home I had an installer come in to wall mount the TV for me. After mounting it, he commented on the screen being badly marked and asked had I bought it second-hand. On close inspection the screen was filthy and had water marks, as if it had been wiped with a dirty wet cloth, and the rear vents on the TV were very dusty. Called Richer Sounds, who then asked me to send photos of the screen. They agreed it was filthy, but still insisted it was not ex-display, and that they would send me out a free screen-cleaning kit. I strongly suspect this TV is ex-display and was in use for many hours before selling it to me. My question is : Is there any menu on this tv that will tell me how many Usage hours this TV has, and How do I access this menu, as this TV was sold to me in an absolutely shocking condition. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with any advice on this matter.

Recently purchased the Panasonic TX-58DX750B TV from Richer Sounds. When I phoned to reserve it for Collection I was told it was Brand New Boxed. However, on reaching the store I was told they couldn't find it, but had an open-box one which they would give me a 10% discount on, making the price £719. I accepted this on the understanding that it was not an ex-display model with hundreds of hours usage. I was assured it was not ex-display. On getting the TV home I had an installer come in to wall mount the TV for me. After mounting it, he commented on the screen being badly marked and asked had I bought it second-hand. On close inspection the screen was filthy and had water marks, as if it had been wiped with a dirty wet cloth, and the rear vents on the TV were very dusty. Called Richer Sounds, who then asked me to send photos of the screen. They agreed it was filthy, but still insisted it was not ex-display, and that they would send me out a free screen-cleaning kit. I strongly suspect this TV is ex-display and was in use for many hours before selling it to me. My question is : Is there any menu on this tv that will tell me how many Usage hours this TV has, and How do I access this menu, as this TV was sold to me in an absolutely shocking condition. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with any advice on this matter.

Main menu, scroll down to Help right to system information, status 4 will tell you first set of numbers A00000-0000000-00000 = brand new.

First set of numbers = Hours, Second set = Times unit has been on off.

Thank you very much for the speedy reply, and very helpful information. By my calculations, I've used the tv for approx 240 hours since purchase date of 29/5/2017. Menu system for usage says it's now been used for 1693 hours, and been switched off 533 times. Time for another call to Richer Sounds later today.

Thanks for info supplied, and a big Thank You to Richer Sounds who responded quickly, and gave a very generous cash back discount due to this. Amazing after-sales service.

Main menu, scroll down to Help right to system information, status 4 will tell you first set of numbers A00000-0000000-00000 = brand new.

Hi,
Could you please let me know if this procedure will work for FX700 series of Panasonic 4K LED TVs? If not, kindly provide me the procedure to figure out usage hours on FX700 series. Thanks in advance.

Could you please let me know if this procedure will work for FX700 series of Panasonic 4K LED TVs?

It's the same procedure for the 2019 OLEDs, so there's a good chance it will. If the menu options aren't identical, they'll be something similar.

Thanks for the info, does anyone knows if this resets after a factory reset mine is showing 24 hours I think but have reason to believe is not brand new

Hi there, I bought my Panny plasma TX-P65VT50B second hand in July 2018. I followed your instructions above and mine showed status1 2 and 3 but no status4? Also the numbers I saw displayed seemed quite low ( lots of zeros ) as the TV is over 8 years old.

Is the menu different in plasma than in current Oled/Led models? I am very keen to find out what the view count on the TV is.

Many thanks

I also have the status 1-3 It does appear that LED models use this method

Tested on version tx-l47e5b

On the back of the TV press and hold the -V button and then press 0 on the remote three times

Start Adjustment menu appears for a few seconds and then a grey screen with numbers

Then press 2 on the remote until SRV-TOOL shows in the top left hand corner then press OK

You then need to arrow down and across to the box to the right of PTCT:00.00.00.00.00 then press and hold the mute key for around 5 seconds

In the box it will now display in red the On time (hours and minutes) and the count for on/off times

Turn the TV off and back on to get out of the menu

————————————————————

If you are struggling to get to the “Start Adjustment menu” try holding down the -V and pressing info button three times, Panasonic like to change the sequence for the different models!!

I am trying to use this information to justify a new TV to the wife 😁

Hope this helps

Alex

Hi!
I know it's an old post but if still alive, I need help. What is the meaning of a letter C instead of A in the begining of status 4? And I also don't know the meaning of compensation cycle numbers in status 8. Mine states 00139-0011d-00004-00004. I presume the last two numbers are full cycles but why doubled? Maybe one states interupted or uninterupted. Thanks in advance.

Hi!
I know it's an old post but if still alive, I need help. What is the meaning of a letter C instead of A in the begining of status 4? And I also don't know the meaning of compensation cycle numbers in status 8. Mine states 00139-0011d-00004-00004. I presume the last two numbers are full cycles but why doubled? Maybe one states interupted or uninterupted. Thanks in advance.

The letter changes over the first 200 hours of use. It's A from 0-99 hours, B from 101-199 and then C 200+.

The Status 8 figures are in hexadecimal format. The first two sets are the shorter compensation cycles - started and completed. The last two sets are the longer compensation cycles - started and completed.

The letter changes over the first 200 hours of use. It's A from 0-99 hours, B from 101-199 and then C 200+.

The Status 8 figures are in hexadecimal format. The first two sets are the shorter compensation cycles - started and completed. The last two sets are the longer compensation cycles - started and completed.
Tyvm.

Cool, works on my 58DX802B as well

I've bought two televisions refurbished from Richer Sounds and both of them had to go straight back to the store. The first one was boxed with the wrong stand and would not read any USB sticks or hard drives and both had very prominent blotches/dark patches on the screen. Unbelievable that they allowed these to go out for sale in the conditions they were in. Very disappointing as generally they are a good store but basically avoid their refurbished televisions like the plague.

Hi there,

I was extremely sorry to read on the thread of the problems you have had with not only 1 but 2 different items, purchased from our clearance section, and offer my sincere apologies.

So that I may investigate further with our Head of Service who oversees all refurbished lines and resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction, please could you drop me a PM with your details?

Sincere apologies again, hope to hear from you soon.

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom