Panasonics not talking to eachother

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by stephp38, Feb 3, 2009.

1. stephp38

stephp38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Sorry if this is a simple one for most of you, I'm not normally outwitted by technology or manuals but would appear to be in this case.

Panasonic LZD85
    Panasonic dvd 5.1 home cinema
    Panasonic Blu Ray player

DVD Home cinema works fine, tv audio can output through same but Blu Ray sound won't output to Home cinema and has no volume control on TV.

I asked in Panasonic shop so have Home cinema and Bluray HDMI to tv and optical out from tv to home cinema, also have scart from home cinema to tv.

Been scratching my head for 3 hours now, trying different audio settings, any pointers appreciated.

Cheers
    Stephen

2. ows90

ows90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I can't be more accurate without knowing which home cinema it is.

The connections should be:

Blu-ray player HDMI > TV
    Home cinema HDMI > TV

Blu-ray Optical out > Home cinema optical IN
    TV Stereo phono audio out > Home cinema TV/AUX analogue IN

(Unless your home cinema has more than one optical input (or a coaxial input as well), stereo phono from the TV will be fine as it's stereo anyway -- because there aren't any 5.1 broadcasts and the HDMI audio in is not output as 5.1.)

3. stephp38

stephp38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

It's a PT460 and I thought of that combination as well, shop man suggested optical from TV to home cinema so thats the way I've been trying it. Will try as you suggest, thought it would be plug and play all being new and panasonic.

Cheers
    Stephen

4. stephp38

stephp38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.

Did that, sound came through, but with the AUX input showing on home cinema (have phonos connected also) when I flick through settings to get D-IN no sound and blu ray input dissapears and doesn't automatically come back, have to switch of unit and restart.

Stephen

5. ows90

ows90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    When you switch the home cinema source selection over to the D-IN source, have you tried using the AV button at the top right of the TV remote to manually select HDMI 2 (or whichever HDMI input the Blu-ray unit is using)? Also, do you still have that SCART connected from the home cinema to the TV? perhaps that's breaking through and changing the input. It's also strange because AUX and D-IN are similar modes; you should have only had to press "FM/EXT-IN" once to to get there from AUX (FM > AV > AUX > D-IN and back).

You might also need to change the digital audio output settings on the Blu-ray player (needs to be bitstream). Or it could be an issue described in this thread: http://www.avforums.com/forums/all-...nasonic-sc-pt460-ps3-bluray-audio-issues.html -- you should select the Dolby Digital soundtrack where available in the film's menu.