1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic's new PS range - Why have they dropped all subtitle modes ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jimmi, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Jimmi

Sep 8, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    This has to be by far the most stupidest thing Panasonic have done.

I waited for the PL range to be replaced by the newer PS model but now they appear to be useless because Panasonic have chosen to drop the manual horizontal screen adjustment (for keeping subtitles on screen) from the PS range.
    What makes this even worse is that Panasonic are quite possibly the only major brand of CRT TV which doesn't offer a subtitle screen mode on their widescreen sets.

I realise I might be in a minority here - but widescreen non-anamorphic dvd's of foreign movie's make up a fair chuck of my film collection and I need to be able to know I can watch them without having to worry about the subtitle's getting cropped off the bottom of the screen when switching to 16:9 letterbox mode.

I really can't believe Panasonic could be this stupid - I expect only the most budget of brands not to have subtitle friendly options, and even then they should still offer something to make it watchable.