1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic's DIGA 500 line LP mode

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by howardmg, Apr 13, 2005.

1. howardmg

howardmg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How well does this work? Is it as good as SP?

Quote from Panasonic's website:-

2x LP Horizontal Resolution (500 Lines) The virtual Multi Encode System enables LP mode recording with the same 500 lines (D1) of horizontal resolution as that in the SP and XP modes. Which is double the horizontal resolution compared to the 250 lines (1/2 D1) of conventional LP mode recording. Thanks to this, you can enjoy viewing extended recordings (4 Hours (single-sided DVD-RAM/R) 8 hours (double-sided DVD-RAM)) with exceptionally detailed images and twice the picture quality.

What Video this month didnt rate the LP mode that highly on the DMRES10.

2. yaughan

yaughan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The EH-50 is my first digital recorder. Its LP may be better than on previous models, but I'm not using it again. Couple of gardening programs - fine on the fixed camera shots, but very blocky/blurry as soon as the camera pans round.

Subjective response viewing on a 29" CRT.

Why do you ask?

3. howardmg

howardmg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just because I've trying to weigh up the pros and cons of Pany v Tosh v Sony - something that's proving quite tricky