1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonics and John Lewis

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lloydo, Feb 19, 2003.

1. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody received their Panasonic 37in or 42in from John Lewis's over the last 3 weeks. I've been waiting over 3 weeks now and they still say that they are waiting for stock (29 37in's by all accounts). Also they have put their price back up to 3500 for the 37in plus tuner.

2. neelesh

neelesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    JL Newcastle (tel: 0191 232 5000) have the 37" Panny with Tuner at £3299. Your local JL store will price match this.
    I got JL Oxford st to price match with JL Cheadle for the Hitachi 32PD3000 (Thanks to nwhome's post).

3. Dave777

Dave777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I you don't mind me asking,how much was the 32PD3000 pricematched to (matching one JL store against another...!!!).

Thanks

Dave

4. neelesh

neelesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    £2499 inclusive of delivery and 5year guarantee

5. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Must be very annoying waiting for plasma to arrive!

I ordered my Panasonic 37" (no tuner but inc terminal board) from www.panasonic-centre.co.uk last Monday and it came on Thursday morning! I was gobsmacked! I paid £2749 plus £50 delivery.

6. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is anoying but as I got a good price 2939 incl tuner + 5 yr guarantee I'm loathed to cancel the order. What's even more annoying is that I've already got the stand sat in my lounge teasing me. Tell me it's worth the wait!

7. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    best thing i've ever brought. Mine is sitting in my lounge in the polysterene bits in the box as my wall bracket is coming till tomorrow and then i'll have to wait 2 weeks to get it fixed. Still its all connected and is pretty fantastic. No complaints at all.

8. bugaloo

bugaloo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lloydo,

Which JL Branch did it at that Price?

I couldn't get any of the JL Branches to do it at the price!

9. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John Lewis Welwyn Garden City were selling them at 2939 but they are very sheepish about this price now and told me yesterday that the price is now 3500. I believe JL Watford did a pricematch and this forced the price down for a few weeks and I took advantage, I believe I need to thank somebody from this forum for that. But I am concerned because JL seem to be dragging their feet on this and usually they give excellent service.

10. bugaloo

bugaloo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JL watford still do the Panny 37" for £2939 but it doesn't include the Tuner. They had one in stock at Watford last saturday

11. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believed that JL only sold plasmas with tuners now because of customer complaints about connection problems and 5yr guarantee. Perhaps JL made a mistake with price match and it shouldn't have included the tuner but my order states 'Panasonic TH37PW5B SYS1 + TUNER' for £2939, I was told yesterday that my price still stands and so it should!

12. Bish

Bish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    John Lewis in Watford seem to be the best around in terms of actually knowing what they can and cant do in terms of price matching and availabilty.

They recently price matched a PannyW5 from Richersounds at £3299 (wouldnt match their web price of £100 less), and the tuner and terminal board from PRC (£395 & £50 respectively) and gave me the 5 year warranty.....all this without even stepping foot into their store.

It was all delivered on time and in perfect condition 2 weeks ago....

Now, this did involve many calls and much stubborness on my part as well as a few levels of management to get approval but it surely must be worth it for a saving of more than £1100 on their in store ticket price??

You do have to buy the tuner/board as they will not supply just the screen anymore and they only offer 5 yr gtte with televisions -without tuner/board it isnt classed as a TV, its a monitor...also be aware that they supply TH42(37)PW5B - Y's (the Y indicates that the RCA board has been removed, but they also supplied me with this free of charge.

Speak to a guy called Suki in their telesales(undersales) department, he was very helpful in pushing my deal through for me.

Good luck

13. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JL's 'Never Knowingly Undersold' claim is meaningless and a downright lie!