Panasonic's £2.50 screws - what are the cheaper generic equivalents?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by jordas20, Feb 24, 2013.

1. jordas20

jordas20
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, I've just moved house and want to put my Panny TX-LX42D25BA on the supplied pedestal instead of the wall mount it previously sat on.

The pedestal stayed in the box, but somehow the bracket/neck device for the pedestal hasn't made it to the new house, nor have the 8 screws which the manual says are required.

The ever-helpful Panasonic parts website lists a lot of the parts as o/s, and there seems to be a uniform price of £2.50 PER SCREW elsewhere. That equals £20 for eight screws :eek:. So, I'm wondering if the good folk here might have an answer. Is there a generic equivalent to the XSS5+15FN and XYN4+F12FJ (XSS5+15FNK) screws the manual says I require (4 of each)?

Having just moved house and shelled out £150 on a pair of curtains the missus says we absolutely must have, the moths in my wallet are not allowing me to find another £20 for eight screws. Can anyone help?

2. paulktreg

paulktreg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Your screws shouldn't be too difficult to buy from any hardware supplier. (If I've read the manual right).

XSS5+15FN M5x15 Countersunk Head - CPC do these but you'll have to buy 100 @ £3.47 (You may have to file them down a little)?

XYN4+F12FJ M4x12 Pan Head - CPC do these but they may need a washer and you'll have to buy 100 @ £2.30

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. jordas20

jordas20
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Belated thanks, paulktreg. That was fabulous advice.