1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PanasonicPlasma+Pronto TIP.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Gordon @ Convergent AV, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    OK, I'm sittng at home sick today scanning the net and thought I'd share this little tip with anyone lucky enough to own this combination.

One of the things that irritates me about the Pannasonic plasma's is that they don't have discreet codes for "composite/s-video", Component/rgb and PC inputs. You have a PC button and an input button. The input button scrolls through the available inputs.

This tip may work on other devices as well so it's worth reading and remembering. I have an installation where there are several devices plugged in through an av amp on S-video and a DVD direct to RGB/YPrPb inputs. Here's how I created a macro to go directly to the right input...

The key is the PC button. This always takes you to the PC input, unsurprisingly. However, if you press INPUT after that you always get the next input on the cycle no matter what inpout you were on previously. So by using the PC button you can get to a designated point on the cycle everytime. So "PC","INPUT", "INPUT" MACRO takes you to S-VIDEO....."PC","INPUT" takes you to RGB/YPrPb.

Some of you may have worked this out already but I thought it was a nice little trick that may have been overlooked by some.

Gordon