Panasonic58ex700b tv,sony x800 4k uhd player,sony strdn1050 receiver

bullterrier

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi i am trying to connect the above but my sony receiver i believe the hdmi 4k connections aren't compliant with4k uhd and won't give me the full 4k resolution picture and will be downscaled to 1080p is this true.What is the best way to connect my sony x800 4k bluray player to my panasonic 4k tv to get the proper 4k uhd resolution and still use my home cinema receiver for sound any advice grateful thanks.

Ive got the 50ex700b, and I did have a sony str-dn1040, where I had the same issue. I connected my ultra hd bluray player direct to the tv and used the second hdmi on the player to connect to the Amp.

However, the more 4k devices you add it starts to be a problem. I did add a new Tivo and used a hdr switch to switch between the Tivo and Bluray player, for audio from the Tivo, you could use the ARC or optical out from the TV. However this just created more issues, I had no end of issues with ARC, mainly cutting out when using the on board apps and the CEC didn't play nicely with the Amp either. I ended up buying the sony str-dn1080 which supports hdcp 2.2 and is fully compliant with 4k. So that solved one issue and I can now output to a second zone without any problems.

Although I am still plagued with CEC/ARC issues. So I have disabled CEC on the Amp and use optical for the onboard Apps for 5.1 audio and handle the control with my harmony ultimate. Granted I lose the option to control volume with the TV remote and no dolby digital + audio from netflix, but for my sanity I went with this config. There are still issues with audio when using netflix, the only solution is to power the amp and tv off and then power back on (making sure the amp comes on first). I really like the TV, but still debating whether to return it of not as the software and smart tv functions are unreliable compared to my previous Samsung TV.

Hi,thanks for your reply.I have just bought a denon av2300w receiver and dolby atmos speakers so fingers crossed all my equipment and projector should work fine.

Good luck, I decided not to go for the Atmos speakers and went with heights instead, I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Good luck, I decided not to go for the Atmos speakers and went with heights instead, I'm pretty happy with it so far.
Hi can you still use the heights with Dolby atmos setting?I will see how the onkyo speakers sound first.

Heights are supported for Dolby Atmos, while not as good as in ceiling, many prefer heights to upfiring. Not had a chance to watch a movie with Atmos yet, but hopefully this weekend, so that will be the real test.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom