1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by FATWALLET, Mar 7, 2003.

1. FATWALLET

FATWALLET

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i,am thinking of getting a panasonic plasma but i,am slightly worried about the sound sync problems will this effect me any help is mucho gratias

2. thxultra

thxultra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i've had one for a couple of months now and have had no sync problems.dont worry about it just get one

3. lab

lab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with thxultra, no lipsync problems on my Panny either.
    Go for it.

4. Bish

Bish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    I have had my Panny W5 now for a month and have experienced some lip sync problems with poor quality low band channels but then we all know that anyway. Its fairly simple, what ever you put in to the screen you'll get out of the screen....ie if you're watching Bidup.com tv or whatever they call that cack channel on freeview then you are gonna be thinking....hey is this dubbed?? but if you are travelling progressive through an Arcam 88plus it's absolutely flawless....

5. Rich

Rich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    i've a panasonic plasma and suffer bad lip sync problems on some channels,mainly sky sports 1,which i watch a a lot,it's not noticable on live games,but it can be really bad on studio based programs.
    i must say most channels are excellent,its just the odd few which are really bad.
    something you should know when buying a plasma TV,there's lots of extra expense involved ...eg JS box(very good product.but adds around £120+ to your budget ),decent VGA(£40+)cable,girlfriend insisted on the extra panasonic speakers(£200+),then i had to get the tabletop stand(£150,no suitable area on the walls for the screen),then i needed a new TV rack for the screen to go on(£200).
    i dont want to rain on your parade,i am really impressed with the picture quality,but i might have had seconds thoughts if i knew the extra expense.