1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic XR45 or all in One

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sushilb, Jan 7, 2004.

1. sushilb

sushilb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I want to buy a home cinema system. I am currently thinking of buying separates.

I have been looking at the

1) Panasonic SA-XR45, DVD-S75 &SB-TP20 Speakers.

2) Or all in One SC-HT900.

Can someone please assist in which of the above would be the best for sound, audio and future.

thanks

2. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The answer is always separates.

Don't know much about the speakers or DVD you've chosen but the amp had some Yank audiophiles very, very impressed.

When/if you catch the upgrade bug it will be a lot easier to just swap out, for instance, your speakers and buy better ones rather than junking a whole all in one setup.

3. sushilb

sushilb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the Response

I was 80 % for separates already, I just needed a push that way.

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    saxr45 is good but the panny speakers are terrible, pay a bit more and get some elac cinema 1 or alternative.

5. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm probably a lttle late in replying, but the XR45 is a cracking amp althoughg doesn't like cramped places so make sure it's not used in a closed cabinet. The DVD-S75 in my opinion is Panny's second best ever DVD player as it does almost everything i.e. HighMat level 2 (Jpeg, MP3, WMA etc) and it also has Component video out with 6 channel output for DVD-Audio too.
    Like Bobby says though, the TP20's are below the quality of the amp. In fact the recommended speakers for the XR45 are the SB-TP55 although these are floor standing.

I actually use TP20's on an XR25, but would prefer the floor standers if I had the space.