1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic XR10 Connections problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by staffspeted, Dec 11, 2002.

1. staffspeted

staffspeted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    **Newbie help!!**
    I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A PANOSONIC XR HOME CINEMA SYSTEM WITH THE SA-XR10 RECEIVER.HOWEVER I HAVE HIT A SNAG, THIS HAS 3 AUDIO INPUTS (2 OPTICAL,1 COAXIAL). IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN CONNECT 4 PIECES OF EQUIPMENT TO IT?
    1 X DVD
    1 X SKY RECEIVER
    1 X VIDEO
    1 X DIGITAL MOTORISED SATELLITE RECEIVER

CAN ONE CABLE BE SPLIT TO CARRY 2 INPUTS INTO THE XR10 OR WILL I HAVE TO CONNECT ONE OF MY ITEMS TO THE TV VIA PHONO OR SCART FOR SOUND?
    HELP MUCH APPRECIATED, p.dewing

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The DVD player should be plugged into either the co-axial or optical digital connector but additionally there are two more pairs of analogue phono sockets. The Sky box would plug into one and the VCR into the other.

These connections will give you sound only and you will have to connect each source directly to the TV for picture.

That leaves you with one left over unless either of your digiboxes has a digital audio output.

3. staffspeted

staffspeted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply Ian. So you mean loop the Video and Skybox thru the DVD Player?

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If you have analogue outputs on your TV you can connect up the Digibox & VCR by scart with the sound coming back out from the TV into your amp from the phono sockets.

If both your DVD and TV have component connectors I would use those for the best quality picture wiith the DVD connected to the amp via a digital connection