Panasonic X50 / XT50 Owners Thread

jwalsh82

morning All,

Does anyone on these forums own one? I cannot find any reviews, or any mention of this set?

I am looking to pick one or the other up on the weekend as a cheap replacement, either one of these or a UT50.

The UT50 review has put me off as our front room is fairly light and without taking one home I don't know how the lack of anti glare filter will work?

I am concerned about the X50 and the XT50 too, as I assume they have the same screen being a lower price?

So any owners, please feel free to step forward and let us know how you are getting on, any settings you have stuck to e.t.c?

Mrhappy37

Poss going to look at one tomorrow. If impressed then i will buy it and post my observations. I currently own an X10 and this has been really good. With most plasmas you need to avoid direct sunlight, infact with any tv period! Ive owned the X10 for about 3 years and light has rarely been an issue.

Fano

I saw an X50 in a local store when buying my ST50.
Nice set ,looked good to my eyes .
Hard to judge how reflective the screen is in a store but it didnt look too bad.

VEGACORTEZ

I have an x50 and it is highly reflective and needs to avoid a lot of light a bit like a crt tv used to. In it's true cinema mode it is highly accurate picture wise and has some good sound for a Flatscreen.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Poss going to look at one tomorrow. If impressed then i will buy it and post my observations. I currently own an X10 and this has been really good. With most plasmas you need to avoid direct sunlight, infact with any tv period! Ive owned the X10 for about 3 years and light has rarely been an issue.
Any feedback as I'm considering an X50 to replace an X10?

Mrhappy37

Hi Crocodile, yes I did buy one. It is burning in at the moment but it looks good and has got a bit better each day. I dont find reflections on the screen a problem unless it is in a very bright room, and even then its no worse than a crt which we all had for many years. I find true cinema is the best mode to use.
Hd pictures are excellent as expected. The only small niggle is that the detail in dark scenes gets a bit lost. This isnt a big issue but it deserves a mention.
Sd pictures are getting better too. When you first use the tv they look terrible, but after a few hours of burn in they get better. I think that now after about 40 hours of burn in they look good, bearing in mind their resolution, the 50" panel and its only a 720 panel.
I think this tv is excellent value for the money and performance at this price level is incredible.
The most noticable difference between this and the X10 is the blacks are inky black on the X50 but grey on the X10.
Hope this helps

Pontiac

Are the colours on the X50 as good and realistic out of the box as the ST and GT50 series, in true cinema mode? If they are then the X50 represents incredible value.

Mrhappy37

The colours look excellent, very natural in true cinema mode. I turned the colour down a couple of clicks though to get it just spot on. Watching the olympics in HD at the moment and I really am blown away. If this had cost 50% more I would still say its a great buy. Best of all is it has none of the issues of the rest of the 50 series. A 50" panny for under £500, wow!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom