Panasonic written DVD-R unreadable in Toshiba SD330

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by clevejon, Sep 24, 2005.

1. clevejon

clevejon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me why Tesco DVD-R 8x media written on a Panasonic DMRES-10 DVD writer cannot be read (disk error) on a Toshiba SD330?

I checked the Tosh manual and DVD-R media IS supported.

clevejon

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,892
    Is this the only media you've tried in this way ? Does it fail on different types of media or just the Tesco brand ?
    Also, make sure that you have finalized the disc in the DMRES-10 before trying it on another player.

3. clevejon

clevejon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion to finalise the disk. I had read this in the manual but then immediately forgot again. Once finalised, the DVD-R disks were perfectly readable in the Tosh SD330.

Thanks for the advice

clevejon

P.S. What is the most disk efficient way of recording DVD on one machine to view on another? In the old VCR days, you simply recorded on a tape as many times as you liked. It seems that even with DVD-RW, you have to finalize before viewing on a different machine, preventing future recoding to that piece of media....it seems like a step backwards in media cost effectiveness.

4. iantommo

iantommo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Clevejon
    It is possible to re record onto a DVD-Rw
    Look in the menu of your recorder for something like format and then it is posible to make a new recording
    Otherwise no point in making recorders with Rw feature

Hope this helps
    Ian :thumbsup:

5. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    You have a Panasonic dvd recorder and therefore you have the choice of using DVD-RAM discs which can be recorded on over and over again - up to 100,000 times or so without reformatting or finalising. Most DVD players will not play these discs so you need a dvd player which will such as those made by Panasonic (S29) etcetera, JVC models and NAD. I often use a recorded RAM disc in my player. I have never, ever, used RW discs. Ram discs are also supported in the recorders made by Panasonic, Toshiba, JVC, Hitachi and Samsung.

6. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    A further example of the convenience of DVD-RAM discs using a dvd player which will play ram, is that you can then transfer a recording on RAM disc directly to a DVD-R
    disc on your dvd recorder. This is a bonus for recorders such as the ES10 which do not have a hard drive incorporated.

So you could, if necessary, record and edit a ram disc in your DMR-ES10 then transfer the finished recording direct to a DVD-R disc
    using a dvd player.