Panasonic Warranty

nheather

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've just got round to registering the recent purchase of my Panasonic PHD8 Plasma Panel.

There have been posts on this forum which state that Panasonic have now extended their warranty to 2 years. For example this post

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232371&highlight=phd8+offer

The documentation that I received with my panel would suggest it is only one year. Now the registration leafet is in black and white but I cling to the faint hope that Panasonic decided not to go to the expense of printing new leaflets.

Can anyone here confirm it one way or the other?

Cheers,

Nigel

I took this up with avsales when mine arrived, they assured me it was 2 years (I printed the thread and pms) and told me to keep my invoice from them safe as that was the proof of purchase the would be required to clame through them if required. but as you say the paperwork from pannasonic states 1 year

nicke20

What did AV-Sales actually say to you. In your post you just mention about keeping the invoice safe to use in the event of a claim - but did they say that they would honour the two year warranty?

Cheers,

Nigel

this is my pm and the reply i recieved

Hi Nick,

Good to hear everything turned up OK, not sure I could cope with something like that sitting in it's box for a few days though

You will receive a full invoice through the post in the next few days.
This counts as your guarantee so hang on to it. Panasonic have yet to produce any 2yr warranty paperwork to go in the boxes but rest assured all UK TH42 screens have a 2yr warranty.

Regards

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicke20
Thanks for getting the plasma to me so fast
2 questions (so far)

will I get a proper reciept through the post ?

all the documentation appears to be for a 1 year guarantee, its clearly sold as having 2 ?

I hope to have the beast up and running soon, and will be singing your praises round the forums

Nick
[email protected]

Ring panasonic if you want to check.. I have seen the 2 yr warranty specified on a few of the websites selling plasmas :)

I believe it was on the 8 series that panasonic upped it.. the domestic tv's I believe are still only a year..

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom