Panasonic VW-BN1 Burner

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by WarPig843, Feb 8, 2009.

1. WarPig843

WarPig843

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I purchased one of these the other day for my SD9 and burnt my first disc last night.

Its a good piece of kit, just need to insert a dvd, plug it into a power socket, plug the SD9 into a socket, connect the two together with the supplied cable, press a button, and its done!

And the dvd plays in HD on my PS3. :thumbsup:

Obviously this just does a straight transfer from the SD card to a DVD and doesn't allow any editing. But if thats all you need (like me) then it does the job extremely easily.

I know this wont be everyones choice, but my laptop isnt powerful to do any burning to dvd, so this unit suits me fine.

2. john o

john o
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    May I ask where you brought it from and how much you payed, I am thinking about getting one for my SD9 when I return from my hols. cheers

3. john o

john o
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    another quick question, is it true if you don`t have a blu ray player or ps3 you can`t play the discs in a normal dvd player ?

4. WarPig843

WarPig843

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I bought it from Panasonics E-Shop

Panasonic : VW-BN1E-S

It was £127 + £4 delivery.

Ive seen them a bit cheaper on lesser known websites but I opted for Panasonic shop as they seem a more trustworthy supplier.

As for playback on an SD dvd player, Im not sure to be honest. The disc wouldnt play on my laptop but I havent tried it on my SD dvd player. I would assume that it will only play back on a blu-ray player though. If you want to know for sure, I can try it on my SD player if you are thinking of buying it.

5. ntm1275

ntm1275

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    As far as I know, it burns using the BluRay file format, so a BluRay Player or PS3 would be needed

Because AVCHD is based on the same format as BluRay, I think it just copies to whole file structure to a DVD blank, so a DVD player wouldn't be able to read the file structure