Panasonic VT50 three blink error

aurorawatcher

Standard Member
Reaction score
My super TX-P50VT50B Plasma went pop and went out. Error code is three red blinks. No power was coming from the power board so I sourced a replacement board from a Polish spares outfit but that did not fix it. Still three blinks. I splashed out on a super new OLED TX55LZ2000B to replace it which is great but I was shocked to find that my extensive archives of SD material that looked fine on the plasma look awful on the new 4k OLED screen so I would really like to fix the plasma screen to view them on. Can anyone point me in the right direction to identify the fault? I am fine with doing electronic repairs but I am just groping in the dark and I cannot find anything useful after extensive Googling. Thanks.

Have you found a service manual for your exact model ? I had a quick look and couldn't see one, although I did find them for the 55" VT50 and the 50" VT50E - neither is an exact match but the 50VT50E manual should be close enough to be of some use, I would have thought.

The 'Power LED blinking timing chart' on page 22 of the latter points towards problems with the A board (main AV input, processing) or P board (power supply, non-serviceable).

Have you found a service manual for your exact model ? I had a quick look and couldn't see one, although I did find them for the 55" VT50 and the 50" VT50E - neither is an exact match but the 50VT50E manual should be close enough to be of some use, I would have thought.

The 'Power LED blinking timing chart' on page 22 of the latter points towards problems with the A board (main AV input, processing) or P board (power supply, non-serviceable).
Thanks! Hadn't spotted that one. I think B and E just specify the country code so it's essentially the same. IROM BOOT PROGRAM SOS - what on earth is that!? I have replaced the P-board but so it looks like it is the A-board, which crops up on some of the spares web pages but always out of stock! I'll keep looking. Probably a fruitless task trying to narrow it down to replacing an individual component. I also found a video for a broadly similar model which suggests some tests which may prove useful.

let me know how you get on - will be selling my VT-50 soon if you're interested.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom