• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic VT50 / Popcorn hour

kg648

Hi,

Something that has bugged me since I got my VT50 which I have never managed to resolve, basically moving scenes on my TV using the popcorn hour seem to "lag" and I have never managed to work out why, not lag as in lack of data sense, lag as in motion blur? I have tried both USB hdd/HDD in popcorn and streaming over network all does the same. - PCH is connected via HDMI.

The moving scenes seem to be problematic for example when the camera follows an object for example a moving car past a building, the building would "blur".

I have fiddled with the TV settings and popcorn settings but I am unable to come up with a solution, I have tried the '1080p pure direct' and various other options.

Hardware;
Popcorn hour a-200
Panasonic VT-50

A few settings might help and I have tried fiddling but never found a fix;

TV;
Viewing Mode - THX Cinema - all others settings set to default at the moment.

Popcorn Hour;
Video Output - 1080p 60hz
Framerate sync - Off
Video Zoom - Fit To Screen
TV Type - 16:9
Colour Space - YCBCr ( Auto)

Any help or suggestions would really be appriciated, if I need to upgrade my Popcorn hour to rectify then so be it, but I am pretty sure other people don't have this issue otherwise the PCH would be slated. :)

Thanks.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom