Panasonic VT50 - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try and check that bit out.
My retailer came round the other day and said its definitely a fault, but I think they have got to get a Panasonic engineers opinion!

good to know it is a fault, just incase mine gets any worse, but its only on a blank input at the moment.

i have the white blotches on a blank input but i carnt see them in content, yet :rolleyes: there seems to be more and more sets starting to show this problem. just hope mine dosent get to the point were i can see it in content and starts to turn green.
Try some black and white content that seems to show the green really well,only thing is though if your not seeing them now and it shows them up in b/w then your mind will tell you you can now see them in normal content so its up to you mate:D

Try some black and white content that seems to show the green really well,only thing is though if your not seeing them now and it shows them up in b/w then your mind will tell you you can now see them in normal content so its up to you mate:D

in a dark room with no input selected, the blotches dont half stand out. also have you noticed if you change the mode to normal, cinema they all but disappear, weird :confused: really dont want to start looking for faults again m8 as it will drive me up the wall :rolleyes:

Last edited:
in a dark room with no input selected, the blotches dont half stand out. have you noticed if you change the mode to normal, cinema they all but disappear, weird :confused: really dont want to start looking for faults again m8 as it will drive me up the wall :rolleyes:
Yeah on mine the blotches are real prominent,do blame you for not wanting to go looking but you cannot miss them on mine,like i said really dissapionted as i have had none of the other reported problems infact i was really impressed when it came to ir as i game upto 6-8 hours sometimes with no problems at all,had no intention of upgrading for a couple of years till oled is viable,will see what panasonic and tps do about as im awaiting a reply from craig,this is the third so called flagship panasonic tv i have had that has devoloped problems after time why can they not make a tv the lasts more than 6 months lol.

Yeah on mine the blotches are real prominent,do blame you for not wanting to go looking but you cannot miss them on mine,like i said really dissapionted as i have had none of the other reported problems infact i was really impressed when it came to ir as i game upto 6-8 hours sometimes with no problems at all,had no intention of upgrading for a couple of years till oled is viable,will see what panasonic and tps do about as im awaiting a reply from craig,this is the third so called flagship panasonic tv i have had that has devoloped problems after time why can they not make a tv the lasts more than 6 months lol.

gutted for you m8 :( hope you get it sorted and keep us informed :) really dont want mine to get any worse as i`m really happy atm :smashin:

why can they not make a tv the lasts more than 6 months lol.

Exactly my feelings. Pretty pathetic that all their sets since I bought my V10 (now on a GT50) have had issues appearing either at the beginning or 1000 hours down the line.

good to know it is a fault, just incase mine gets any worse, but its only on a blank input at the moment.

That's only a retailers opinion. There are a few members on here having issues with splodges on left and right of panel (on ST/GT and VT) it seems so I'm inclined to think this will be more widespread as hours rack up.

I can see the splodges on dark content on Pro/cinema. On THX/normal you can still make it out but have to look a lot harder.

I'm wondering k17chy if you can't see it on content (or when using THX/normal) as clearly as on mine because of the ultra black filter hiding it better than the pro one on GT50?

To be honest it's nothing new - my 2005 pv500 developed purple snakes and ir after approx 6 months and the less said about the 2006 range the better

Haha, well my first experience with Panasonic was 2009 so I can only judge it personally from there. However I'm not surprised.

That's only a retailers opinion. There are a few members on here having issues with splodges on left and right of panel (on ST/GT and VT) it seems so I'm inclined to think this will be more widespread as hours rack up.

I can see the splodges on dark content on Pro/cinema. On THX/normal you can still make it out but have to look a lot harder.

I'm wondering k17chy if you can't see it on content (or when using THX/normal) as clearly as on mine because of the ultra black filter hiding it better than the pro one on GT50?

i only use pro1 which is calibrated. i think this is why i carnt see it with normal content.

Sorry to read about green splodges again:thumbsdow
Not saying it will on these sets but it got worse on my GT30, went from being on certain grey slides, then most, then it was clear as day with real content.
My set was fine to start with, ended up with green clouds in skys.

Exactly my feelings. Pretty pathetic that all their sets since I bought my V10 (now on a GT50) have had issues appearing either at the beginning or 1000 hours down the line.
Sure is my 50vt30 developed green splodges and bad ir problems after about 1500 hours,55vt50 developed brightness flucs at about 2000 now my 65vt50 green splodges with at least 3000 i would imagine,i will not look in the service menu for the exact amount.

Sorry to read about green splodges again:thumbsdow
Not saying it will on these sets but it got worse on my GT30, went from being on certain grey slides, then most, then it was clear as day with real content.
My set was fine to start with, ended up with green clouds in skys.
First was seen on the white programme menu then sd content now on everything white,sky or sand coloured and most light pastel colours and everything b/w:thumbsdow

So I'm looking for a vt50 and if anyone is looking to sell there's on please let me know;)

My 65VT50 has developed 2 massive green splodges,one on the left side about 10x8" and on the right 10x3" they can be seen on about 30-40% on all content and sources especially white,light blue and anything with sand colours eg black hawk down and green zone show it really well can even be seen on the Skyfall credits at the start,will get some pics up asap,also if you view the panel in a totally dark room on no input or a black slide the two areas are clearly lighter,i have no idea about hours but must be atleast 3000,i really dissapionted about it as i have had none of the reported problems,as for ir with gaming i can play for hours without problems i was really impressed as i was worried about ir on gaming,no un-normal buzzing visible VBI.

I had the same with my previous vt50 (exactly the same) At 3000 hours it got really bad.

My current vt50 (55") started to develop the same problems again at around 1000 hours

bootstrapwill said:
So I'm looking for a vt50 and if anyone is looking to sell there's on please let me know;)

Iam prob going to sell mine shortly,
VT50 55" bought june 12 peter tyson.

Adlermann said:
I had the same with my previous vt50 (exactly the same) At 3000 hours it got really bad.

My current vt50 (55") started to develop the same problems again at around 1000 hours
Thanks,im awaiting a reply from TPS as what's going to happen,what are you going to do with your 55?or has cleared or still getting worse.

Thanks,im awaiting a reply from TPS as what's going to happen,what are you going to do with your 55?or has cleared or still getting worse.

my previous vt50 was refunded by panasonic.

I'll wait and see what will happen to his one. If it stays like this: no problem then. Otherwise I'll go for another refund :(

I'm adding my two cents here.

Last year, I had 3 50VT30, all with green blobs from the start. I kept one for over 500 hours to see if issue would solve itself but it never happened. So Panasonic maintenance service accepted to refund me.

I then bought a 50VT50 that had a green blob which I spotted immediately, on the first turn on. I had it swapped for a 50ST50 that was perfect save for a slight vertical banding on right edge.

Kept it for 10 months until, after the 1000 hours mark, the vertical banding became more visible and widespread (5 vertical bands). I also had a large red blob at the center (visible on white and grey backgrounds) and brighter left and right edges (visible on black screens).

Screen was sent for repair to Panasonic 3 weeks ago. Last week, I was told that Panasonic technical services refused to repair or refund, arguing that this non-uniformity was normal and would solved itself over time. They even said that the screen hadn't broken itself yet (even though I was over 1000 hours !!!).

I therefore personally called Panasonic 2 days ago and fought over the phone for one hour, explaining that I knew what I was talking about, that this uniformity issues had appeared over time, ...
In the end, after a long-fought battle, Panasonic accepted to refund me. I am waiting to hear from my reseller as the refund passes though them first (that's how it works here, in France at least).

I will then have the choice : 50ST60 (but I'm fed up with Panasonic as a whole) or try Samsung new F8000 LED TV as they supposedly solved the clouding problem with their new microdimming technology.

choirboy said:

Pro/Cinema have a raised MLL compared to THX/Normal.

I'm adding my two cents here.

Last year, I had 3 50VT30, all with green blobs from the start. I kept one for over 500 hours to see if issue would solve itself but it never happened. So Panasonic maintenance service accepted to refund me.

I then bought a 50VT50 that had a green blob which I spotted immediately, on the first turn on. I had it swapped for a 50ST50 that was perfect save for a slight vertical banding on right edge.

Kept it for 10 months until, after the 1000 hours mark, the vertical banding became more visible and widespread (5 vertical bands). I also had a large red blob at the center (visible on white and grey backgrounds) and brighter left and right edges (visible on black screens).

Screen was sent for repair to Panasonic 3 weeks ago. Last week, I was told that Panasonic technical services refused to repair or refund, arguing that this non-uniformity was normal and would solved itself over time. They even said that the screen hadn't broken itself yet (even though I was over 1000 hours !!!).

I therefore personally called Panasonic 2 days ago and fought over the phone for one hour, explaining that I knew what I was talking about, that this uniformity issues had appeared over time, ...
In the end, after a long-fought battle, Panasonic accepted to refund me. I am waiting to hear from my reseller as the refund passes though them first (that's how it works here, in France at least).

I will then have the choice : 50ST60 (but I'm fed up with Panasonic as a whole) or try Samsung new F8000 LED TV as they supposedly solved the clouding problem with their new microdimming technology.

Why not the F8500 plasma?

I've finally managed to get my 65ES8000 swapped for a 65VT50, it will be with me next Tuesday so now i'm just praying its a problem free set. I'm also wondering if i should get myself a pair of the 3D3 glasses from TPS, anyone had any experience with those glasses?

Pro/Cinema have a raised MLL compared to THX/Normal.

I know that. Not sure how it's linked though in terms of the panels behaviour?

Why not the F8500 plasma?

Well, very simply because my TV is in a piece of furniture that has value for my wife and I. Unfortunately, this piece of furniture prevents me from buying a TV which dimensions exceed those of the 50VT50/50ST50.
Unfortunately, Samsung plasmas are bigger (especially longer), hence not fitting in my cabinet. :(

If I give up on Panasonic plasma, I therefore only have the Samsung 46F8000 LED left. Early reports state that Samsung may well have found a way to all but eradicate clouding (that would be a first).

A 50 inch screen would have been perfect for my viewing distance, so I hope I won't be too disappointed by a 46 inch screen.

Dumping my cabinet is not an option, if I don't want my wife to dump our marriage as a whole after it :rotfl:

On top of that, I must confess that I am a IR freak, constantly zooming the image on my plasma to avoid any IR. At least with a LED, this won't be an issue anymore and my wife will be able to watch cable TV without complaining about the zooming that I force upon her :D

I've finally managed to get my 65ES8000 swapped for a 65VT50, it will be with me next Tuesday so now i'm just praying its a problem free set. I'm also wondering if i should get myself a pair of the 3D3 glasses from TPS, anyone had any experience with those glasses?

Great glasses and the only one's i use, if you look through my youtube vids i do a little review on them;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom