Panasonic vt30b screen burn

kkhimji2001

I purchased this tv in june and have just realised tonight when viewing an advert with a white background that the sky sports 4 exclusive logo is in the top right corner of the tv, is this image retention or screen burn? it is not noticeable when there are dark colours over it but i am still worried about this.

i have 5 year warranty with Panasonic, i bought the tv of amazon of a retailer, can i somehow get a refund or exchange it?

slc79

Burn-in is usually not covered by warranty. It's most likely just some stubborn image retention, though... have you been watching that channel a lot lately? If you have, that's probably the explanation. If it's been a while ago, it might eventually turn out to be burn-in.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
Is this the VT20 or VT30?

kkhimji2001

vt30 its sky sports hd 3 exclusive so i think it must be from the atp tennis masters in o2 this week, how do i get rid of this immediately? anything i can try and do?

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
vt30 its sky sports hd 3 exclusive so i think it must be from the atp tennis masters in o2 this week, how do i get rid of this immediately? anything i can try and do?
Run the scrolling bar and dont watch Sky Sports HD 3. Or zoom the image so you can no longer see the logo.
Over time it may fade but it may well take a long time.

How did you get a Panasonic 5yr warranty from a Amazon retailer? Thats a instore only offer. :confused:

I will edit the thread title with the correct model number for ya. :smashin:
For a moment I thought you was Dr Who and had issues with a future model.:laugh:

kkhimji2001

I read upon further research that you should

"So I suggest popping some break in slides onto a USB stick and leaving it playing them on loop all night."

This is basically playing a loop of a slideshow of around 20 slides, of different colours, red, white, blue, green, grey .. will this work? how long should i play this slideshow for?

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
I read upon further research that you should

"So I suggest popping some break in slides onto a USB stick and leaving it playing them on loop all night."

This is basically playing a loop of a slideshow of around 20 slides, of different colours, red, white, blue, green, grey .. will this work? how long should i play this slideshow for?
Ive used this method to remove bad IR from my LG set. Took all night to shift it then the following day kids tv. At night I re checked and it had gone. :rolleyes:
The scrolling bar is in the menus I cant remember where but in the manual it should say where.

tony kop77

Scrolling bar is in menu picture settings advanced settings then click on start scrolling bar

kkhimji2001

i tried the scolling bar for 2 hours it has worked!!!!!! how often should i use this? and what is the maximum time i should watch sky sports for with the logo?

slc79

Use it whenever you have IR that you want gone, basically. Don't expect it to bail you out everytime, but it's an easy method to try resolving the situation. As the panel ages, you should see this less often.

General advice is to select another mode than THX and leave the pixel orbiter ON, this should at least make it more difficult for channel logos to retain.

fluxo

Distinguished Member
Use it whenever you have IR that you want gone, basically. Don't expect it to bail you out everytime, but it's an easy method to try resolving the situation. As the panel ages, you should see this less often.

General advice is to select another mode than THX and leave the pixel orbiter ON, this should at least make it more difficult for channel logos to retain.
I thought THX was quite gentle. Did you mean to say "Dynamic" instead?

slc79

so basically leave it on thx mode? leave contrast as it is or turn it down?
No, I'd use anything *but* the THX mode for watching normal TV (ok, stay away from dynamic too) and make sure the pixel orbiter is set to ON rather than Auto. Since THX disables the pixel orbiter you are far more likely to see image retention from channel logos and other onscreen gfx. For movies from Blu-Ray this is not crucial since you will have no static elements (apart from black bars in 2.35:1 movies, but the pixel orbiter won't help with those anyway)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom