Panasonic VT30 Owners thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewoody said:
thinking about buying a 65VT30 or new 65VT50.

Is it true the VT30 does not come with a removable power lead, I ask because my current power lead to my Panasonic 58PF11 Plasma display (which was removable) is chased in wall.

Surely, Panasonic know consumers chase power leads in wall, then when it's time to upgrade, unplug power lead from under old display (mount new display) and plug in power lead, simple.

Yes it true the 65VT30 does not come with a removable power lead like the older panasonics,your next bet is to put a socket behind your tv.

Right, after again reading peoples thought and responses to queries I've asked. I have one more last question.... Whilst trying to shop around for the lowest price, I've seen the lowest to buy BRAND NEW is £1399....

BUT there are some priced between £999 (without the 3D Glasses) and £1249. This is for the P50VT30, but also found some for £899 for a P42VT30 but these prices come with a catch, they are Panasonic Manufacturer Refurbished.

What would be the downfall in buying a Panasonic Manufacturer Refurbished.

Is it true the VT30 does not come with a removable power lead, I ask because my current power lead to my Panasonic 58PF11 Plasma display (which was removable) is chased in wall.

Surely, Panasonic know consumers chase power leads in wall, then when it's time to upgrade, unplug power lead from under old display (mount new display) and plug in power lead, simple.

Well tbh it is removable but its not a kettle prong connector as found with many other TV's. Behind the VT30 the cable leads into a small box; when this is undone the cable can be disconnected easily by two clips but the connector seems to be a special proprietary connector which I think isn't found on other TV's. I'll submit some pics soon if you like? :)

Well tbh it is removable but its not a kettle prong connector as found with many other TV's. Behind the VT30 the cable leads into a small box; when this is undone the cable can be disconnected easily by two clips but the connector seems to be a special proprietary connector which I think isn't found on other TV's. I'll submit some pics soon if you like? :)

pics would be helpful.

thanks

Surely, Panasonic know consumers chase power leads in wall, then when it's time to upgrade, unplug power lead from under old display (mount new display) and plug in buried power lead, simple.
I think the vt50 has a removable power lead,.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Why could Panasonic not stick to these removable power leads.

Crazy.

Maybe it's due to safety concerns - people using the
wrong kind of lead and then blaming Panasonic.
Or, say, the cable falling out, which might not be a
great thing given the high voltages used in these tvs.

Ok, a couple of questions:

(a) Can the 3D glasses be safely charged with the
iPhone USB to mains socket adapter?

(b) Can an ad-hoc WiFi network be started from
the tv?

Thanks.

Is anybody having a remote control problem on the VT30, while on Freesat.
when pressing the No 9 it occasionally repeats itself and takes you into the Freesat Information Channel, and then freezes, making the Remote inoperable, very frustrating.
it requires turning off and on again, when the problem still persists.
Have only owned the TV since just before Christmas, all other aspects of the VT30 are excellent, but this quirk is spoiling the enjoyment.
Can anyone help.
thanks
johnadavis:lease:

Is anybody having a remote control problem on the VT30, while on Freesat.
when pressing the No 9 it occasionally repeats itself and takes you into the Freesat Information Channel, and then freezes, making the Remote inoperable, very frustrating.
it requires turning off and on again, when the problem still persists.
Have only owned the TV since just before Christmas, all other aspects of the VT30 are excellent, but this quirk is spoiling the enjoyment.
Can anyone help.
thanks
johnadavis:lease:

Hmm :confused: I never use freesat on mine but to narrow down the problem I'd recommend that you use a different remote e.g. one for all, Sky remote etc... that you might have laying about around the house and try that.

Yeah sounds like a dicky remote if anything

65VT30 Ordered! Should arrive before Friday!! :D

65VT30 Ordered! Should arrive before Friday!! :D

Nice one dude , now all we need to strengthen our 65" army is for little old Simon to buy one :laugh:

I've taken the plunge and just purchased the P42VT30... Should be here tomorrow...

Was going to get the P50VT30 but can't justify spending extra money for the issues that I might face.... So I might be able to live with the issues slightly until the VT50's are out then upgrade to one of those.

Plus with the 42" version I don't have to worry about it not looking out of place on my wall since my P42VT10 has been living there since it was released...

Oh, is it worth upgrading to a Panasonic 3D Home Theatre System? I mean I've already got one for Blu-Ray and I've also got a PS3... So is it worth the hassle of upgrading the Home Theatre System at the same time or do you think the PS3 will do the job.

Was looking at the SC-BTT270E, I know it's entry level but all I can afford at this moment.

Oh, is it worth upgrading to a Panasonic 3D Home Theatre System? I mean I've already got one for Blu-Ray and I've also got a PS3... So is it worth the hassle of upgrading the Home Theatre System at the same time or do you think the PS3 will do the job.

Was looking at the SC-BTT270E, I know it's entry level but all I can afford at this moment.

If you already have two BD players then it wouldn't be worth doing that. Maybe it would be worth looking at a home cinema package which includes an amp and speakers. a decent one will knock back around £300.

http://www.saverstore.com/product/2...nema-System-3D-3xHDMI-Black--4xTall-Speakers-

Last edited:
I've already got a Panasonic Blu-Ray Home Theatre System. So I'm guessing it's not worth then to upgrade to the 3D version as I can just use my PS3 for the 3D content?

Personal opinion, I would avoid the Panny all in one. The Father in Law bought an SC-BTT370 against my better judgement (I was trying to push him down separates route). Given how he has it set up, the sub is just way too boomy and loud. The best I could do is dial it down by 6dB in the menu, and it was still over 10dB louder than the other speakers.

Another couple of options of separates are the Yamaha AV71 and Onkyo HTS5405 that can be had for about £350 from Superfi.

Going separates route allows you to upgrade bits separately in the future if you so wish (or if 1 part breaks).

Given you have a Panny all in one system atm, you can still use your PS3 for 3D connected direct to the TV and optical to the Panny, or connect the PS3 to the Panny if it supports 3D.

I've already got a Panasonic Blu-Ray Home Theatre System. So I'm guessing it's not worth then to upgrade to the 3D version as I can just use my PS3 for the 3D content?

Sorry I had misread your post. I agree, if you already have a PS3 and a home theatre system then I wouldn't bother.

Thanks, I'll hold off Home Theatre front then for the time being, get used to the new VT30 then upgrade to whichever Home Theatre best suits my needs in the future.

And after looking at the Panasonic Range for 3D Home Theatre, the speakers look so cheap... compared to the older models, I actually like the look of the All in one speakers I've got now... The new models look really ugly to me to be honest....

May go for a different one later down the line then.

Thanks for the responses...

I'm on the fence on what to do here...i wasn't at home today so didn't have time to call the shop. Just got back home and did some tests on my tv.

TXP50VT30 here

My VT30 definitely has the green blobs and vertical banding too , and even at times i believe i see horizontal lines..goddamn. But here's the thing.

I don't see anything while watching movies, no green blobs, no vertical banding. I play alot of videogames and some games show it and some don't, and when it doesn't show it..it really doesn't show it at all...nowhere to be seen. When it does show, i'm trying to ignore it, but i find myself getting annoyed by it greatly. A tv that costs around the 1600-2000 shouldn't be doing that, that is one thing i'm pretty certain of.

The green blob used to be very visible when i used the remote and pressed the 'guide' button, i don't see a green blob at all anymore when i do that, so in a way it has improved. However, just now i used Andromeda's(from this forum) way of showing them. And that is by putting on a certain test pattern or simply some break in slides. Put the sharpness from 5 to 0 and colour to zero...and that's when i really see that green blob, especially in the grey pictures. That's when i see it's not showing a full grey pattern/picture at all. I also see the banding there. I'm sure neither Panasonic or my shop could deny this.

Also when i connect my laptop via hdmi to my VT30 and play this video, with either normal or thx picture setting...it's definitely anything but white. It's green-white, but not fully white, like it displays on my laptop.

But now the part where i'm on the fence about this thing....i've been taking all kinds of scenarios into account.

1- I call the shop tomorrow, explain them whats wrong and i'd like to know what they could do to help me with this. If they don't really come up with anything...i can ask what other tv's they have that are similar in spec or just my money back. If they agree....

2- Which tv? I'm guessing Samsung, but which one is similar/close to the VT30's fantastic picture quality and black levels? I'm seeing a Samsung PS59D6900 for 1539 right now, my VT30 was 1625.

How is that one in comparison with the VT30? I don't really care for 3D, cause i can't even properly see it in the first place.

The problem though is...if the shop DOES not give me my money back, and i have no idea if they have the right to do that. I can only choose between these..that are in the 1600 euro price range, like the VT30 for me was. (its 2099 there now though)

LG 50 PZ 950
Panasonic TX-P50GT30E

Option 3 is...

Get another VT30, but that's basically knowing its gonna show my green blobs and banding again, by the looks of experiences on this forum. And it could mean i get a VT30 that has it even worse than my current VT30 has...i reaaaaaaally dont want that.

The way it is now...i CAN live with this. BUT...it hasn't been a year yet since i bought the tv, and i am just very afraid the time will come that it gets much worse and then i will regret not having done enough about it.

Last edited:
well folks time for an update. my 50vt30 has clocked in around 500 hours now and my green blob has almost faded completely. I am getting it calibrated on sunday which i think will help it even more. i only notice a very very slight shade of green on 2% viewing now. 98% of the time i never see it. I am very lucky that it has imporved. This set is now amazing. Cant wait to see what it looks like on sunday after its calibrated :smashin:

well folks time for an update. my 50vt30 has clocked in around 500 hours now and my green blob has almost faded completely. I am getting it calibrated on sunday which i think will help it even more. i only notice a very very slight shade of green on 2% viewing now. 98% of the time i never see it. I am very lucky that it has imporved. This set is now amazing. Cant wait to see what it looks like on sunday after its calibrated :smashin:

You don't have any vertical banding?

And as for calibration, i never found it really nessecary to have that done, i mean....can it possibly make such a big difference? I mean, we can go into advanced settings and changed it ourselves if we want :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom