1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Vierra's

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Binlo, May 6, 2005.

1. Binlo

Binlo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There, I am total newbie to this forum, but has to be one of the best for A/V information. Keep it Up !

I am looking at buying a Plasma sreen up around £1500, the less the better and have been doing a lot of research. However I am so confused now that I think I need HELP !!!!

I have been looking at these models, can someone out there please let me know the limitations and good points regarding these plasmas.

TH-42PA50 - Will this work in the UK, what are the limitations?
    TH-42PE30 - What is the difference between this one and the PE30B?
    TH-42PE30B
    TH-42PE50 - Is this the latest ?

I understand that the 42PA50 is a european model, if that is the case will it work in the UK and is the warranty valid in the UK. Also is there anyway of connecting a PC to it with an existing VGA cable or the DVNI cable.

Your help is greatly appreciated .... Thanks in Advance !

Binlo

:lease: HELP

2. Steve_Whelan

Steve_Whelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The PA50 is the EU Model only diferance is that the PE50 has Freeview tuner the PA50 analogue tuner so will work fine in the UK. The PA50 is a lot cheaper but only avalable (officialy) in mainland Europe. It will be covered by the Panasonic pan euopean Waranty, but you will have to arange your own courier and pay all charges to the country of origin even if purchased in the UK. The UK waranty is an at home waranty. Panasonic removed the VGA input form the PE/PA50, so if you to connect a PC you will need to get the older and more expensive PE30 or wait for the HD PE500.

3. Binlo

Binlo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve, thanks for that. If I was to purchase the TH-42PE50 model, is there no way of connecting a PC to it, even with different cables?

Also what is the difference between the TH-42PE30 and the TH-42PE30B model. Do you recommend any ?

I think I will stay away from the PA50 model, as I dont want warranty hassle.

Thanks again.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    PE30 is the PE30B (B = UK stock but as steve said PE30 is not sold in europe)
    you can with some PC's connect via component, this is one option on the PE50, have you considered a panel only model like the PWD7? you can geta 42-PWD7 with 5.1 surround sound and dual tuner FV PVR (hard disk recorder) for £2k and has VGA and DVi inputs available (DVi is an optional board £150 ish) see this thread for more info on the panel route.........http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154292

5. Binlo

Binlo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD, Does that mean PE30 is also a UK model, just like the PE30B? Are there any other differenced to the SPEC between these 2?

I had a look online, everyone seems to be selling the PE30 and not the B version. Is this a grey europe model then ?

Also what is different to the PE30 and the new PE50/B? Any new features I would be missing out on if I was to get the PE30 model instead. Does is still have the same Plasma Vierra technology compared to the latest PE50 model.

Thanks
    Binlo

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    no all PE30 are "B" models same for PE50 as UK is the only one to get IDTV plasma from panny at the moment. veira is just the name nowt to do with technology. the PE30 is based on G6 glass the PE50 is based on G8 glass, the 30 has more connections, features the 50 has fewer connections and features, neither are HD ready or designed for PC use, neither is the PV500 really, the PWD7 is the best bet for easy PC use.....

7. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    HD - why do you say that the PV500s are no good for PC use? They have a PC input and enough resolution. You could even use the HDMI connection if you wanted (via an HDMI > DVI connector). I know they're not 'business'-style, but just because they have speakers and tuner shouldn't really affect their ability to be used as a monitor, should it?

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well until "we" can play we dont know what is going to be possible......they are over budget for this member but that aside i think the front mounted VGA is ideal for occaisional laptop use nut thats it. 1 HDMI which may only accpet video res ie 480, 576, 720 and 1080 and while its not bad there are better options for PC use PHD and MXE for example so when i say it isnt really designed for PC use thats what i mean.

9. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I was under the impression that the VGA port on the new PV500 is mounted at the rear not the front ala PE30. :confused:

S.

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I'm waiting till i see one.........