Panasonic Viera ....... ?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Steffche, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Steffche

Steffche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just arranged to have my Philips 42PF9946 swapped for a Panasonic Viera 42". Living in Oz, the Viera's are supposedly HD. I just hope I haven't made another mistake. I don't see any good reviews on the Viera's....are they any good....really? I didn't have much of a choice as far as swaps go. I could have gone the older Pw6 ....

Getting real tired of this unkown Plasma world...... I had to put in an extra $1000 for the Viera...so I hope its worth it!

2. kirakira

kirakira

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Viera released in OZ = PW6 with more consumer friendly features like PC card readers etc. etc. Panel and performance wise, it is exactly the same but Viera line released in Australia does not accept 720p (except through its VGA port). It also does not have any digital input, nor is there an option to expand the number of ports available.

3. Just call me Al

Just call me Al

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    "nor is there an option to expand the number of ports available"

How ever many ports do you want. The Viera has more connections than most would need, coupled with the best picture your gonna see without mucking about, perhaps with mucking about.

I have the 37" & everyone who's seen it say's it's the best they've seen.

4. happyh

happyh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have 42 and its spot on. if it was stolen tomorrow I'd buy another.

5. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I have a 37" Viera and I'm happy with mine too :D Great screens, if HD is important to you though, best do some research before buying, as mentioned above the Viera's aren't compatible with 720p signals, they will work with 1080i however.

S.

6. steveho

steveho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    the 42 is a brilliant piece of kit,you have made the right decision

steve

7. porky1

porky1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have a 42" Viera, ive had it nearly a week and I am truly amazed by this plasma. I dont use the inbuild DVB, I have cable (Telewest) I must admit I wasnt expecting that good a picture from cable but i am really delighted with the results.
    I spent ages looking at plamas before buying one and I would strongley recomend the Viera to anyone, but DO go for the 42" it is true you do get used to the size, and will never want to go back to a smaller screen again.

Paul :thumbsup:

8. Steffche

Steffche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I am getting it tomorrow...can't wait. I am a little worried that it doesn't have DVI or HDMI input...not so much for now as ny DSTB doesn't have those connections nor does my DVD player...but down the track..who knows what I may buy.

Also this bizzo about not acccepting 720p input is a bit of a concern..alothough I have heard you can use the VGA port on the front of the panel which will accept 720p...?

Perhaps I might be able to buy an adaptor card later with DVI or HDMI...is this a likely possibility?