1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic viera

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MrFurious, Sep 8, 2004.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,545
    my viera has just turned up at my local dealer,its being brought out tomorrow morning,i need some advice as to setting up,is the stand set up complicted?looking forward to watching star wars on it now.

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Which stand have you opted for, pedestal or floor? The pedestal stand is really easy to put together but is a two man job to lift the panel onto the stand. I'm guessing the floor stand although a little more complicated is also fairly easy to put together but again you will need two people to lift the telly onto the vertical mounting poles.

S.

3. lazzer

lazzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The floor stand is a bit more tricky. Took me about half an hour to assemble but looks superb. A great piece of furniture! :thumbsup:

4. cj28

cj28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Enjoy it....

I got mine at the weekend. Just finished watching Grand Designs on the DVB tuner and it was almost like we were in the house they were building! The quality of the picture is really amazing - even my wife is impressed....

CJ

5. Baz80

Baz80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Bloody hell you took your time you looked at this telly ages ago the cabinet is reasonably easy to assemble although it is a two man job to mount. I put sky through av1 and the dvd through av4 my xbox goes through av3 which is on the front i just use the standard conections that comes with the xbox/ps2 and they work fine by the way the tv is now a few months old and the picture gets better and better, good luck

6. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199

Probably goes without saying but once you turn it on, take it off of dynamic mode in the picture menu(contrast is set to 100% ) this is the defalt mode and will reduce the life of your plasma by a considarble amount :)

7. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,545
    i just put the stand together,took me about 30 mins,and it does look nice,baz i had to save a few more pennies before i could get the tv,i'm just waiting now for my mate to bring the main unit up from his shop now.....thanks for the advice guys,all hints and tips are appreciated by this newbie!!