Panasonic Viera TX-P50S30

Jaymz404

Novice Member
Reaction score
http://www.johnlewis.com/231222456/Product.aspx

I've been looking at buying this for a while and I'm just after some opinions if anyone has bought it and could tell me what they think of it and if they are happy with their purchase.

I was also a bit concerned with "burn in" could anyone help to convince me that I won't just ruin my tv with burn in? Is it hard to do and / easy to avoid?

Thank you very much for any help you are able to give me either on Burn in or the actual tv itself.

James

It sounds like screen burn (permanent) is pretty rare these days on plasmas unless you abuse them, but you may find you get image retention (temporary) from time to time instead, depending on your viewing habits.

I'm pretty lucky I think - I can game now for 3-4 hours at a time on my GT30 without any IR whatsoever, yet there are people with the same (or similar) sets who see it when a menu is onscreen for less than a minute !

I was very cautious with my plasma for the first few months, so maybe that is paying dividends now I wonder ? By careful, I mean I avoided dynamic mode, turned brightness and contrast right down and avoided gaming or watching channels with fixed logos/graphics for too long and watching more than one letterbox movie at a time.

I have the earlier S10 and there is nothing to worry about or even to be concerned about with regards to burn-in or image retention
I had a LG PS3000 previously and it had dreadful image retention in comparison

Burn-in will really only happen if you leave the same image (such as a news channel or text menu) on the screen for a very, very long time
If you do experience burn-in (extreme image retention) then in most cases it can be removed by simply leaving the TV on a 16:9 channel without any logos for 1/3 as long as the cause of the image retention
I usually have this after playing Gran Turismo for several hours, the fixed elements remain visible
I simply leave the TV on something like BBC1 or Film 4 for 1/3 of the time I was playing

The menus are basic, again compared to the LG, but I don't miss that

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom