Panasonic Viera TX-P50S30 Worth buying?

vickster

Distinguished Member

Jaymz404

Novice Member
Yeah... is it wrongly labelled or something? I mean like you said I can't even find it on the Panasonic website... which is very odd.

Oh and thank you very much for the fast reply.

vickster

Distinguished Member
No, I think it may have been released in Europe first and then brought over here - same with the UT entry level 3Ds

I edited my last post btw

Jaymz404

Novice Member
Vickster, do you have any experience with tvs connected to pc's?

I'm a bit unsure really what to buy... I was recomended that one, but I'm not entirley sure. I want to buy a TV so that I can stream movies / tv shows etc from my PC, say that I've downloaded from Itunes and put it straight onto the TV, ie with a DVI to HDMI cable.

I have about £600-800 budget and I'm looking to get something that will be able to display my pc with good black levels and without motion stuttering.

My £500 Samsung LCD LE40A558
http://www.trustedreviews.com/Samsung-LE40A558-40in-LCD-TV_TV_review_feature-table_Page-1

Has real issues with black levels / night scenes and also it seems to stutter in high / fast paced action scenes.

I don't mind what technology I get...

I just want the best bang for buck I can get really... and that 50" seemed like a good one.

Thanks very much

vickster

Distinguished Member
No, sorry

There should be an S30 owners thread in the plasma forum

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Plasma will be great for PC with regaurd to films/media and gaming, Id not use one for other PC uses though. Plasma has lower lag for gaming and better motion in general.

S30 is an underestimated set, maybe due to the low cost if the G30 and introduction of more 3D sets.

Just so you know Richer sounds do the 50" ST30 for 780 and Sound and vision do the 46" with 5year for 750. If you dont need the improved filter and 3D though the S30s a great set.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Forgive my ignorance, but improved filter?

I don't want 3D, don't like it at all. But filter?

Thanks

The improved filter prevents more light getting into the screen washing it out in bright light, also improves black level in a lit environment and helps reduce reflections a tiny bit by making them appear darker.

If you dont want 3D the S30 is a great set or theres the G30 thats slightly better with deeper blacks, better colour reproduction, slightly better contrast and more picture cintrols. AVForums have indepth reviews on all these sets in the review section.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom