• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic Viera TX-P42GT20B MKV playback

crispincorky

Anyone tried playing back a 1080p MKV via the TV's media player? Doesn't work with the MKV trailers I've tried. I'm playing most stuff off my mac anyhow but was curious to see what looked better.

Cheers

gilesypopper

I've got this TV (though am actually just waiting for a replacement set to arrive - too much buzz!)

I don't know if this is of too much help, but I've had no problem playing 720p mkvs (each around 1.25gb). I did try playing one 2.5gb mkv file though and it didn't work (I'm not sure if this was 1080 though - I figure the file size was is too small for 1080? Anyway I was wondering if there was a limit on file size and what the TV could process. I've got nothing to corroborate this tho, so happy to be told I'm wrong.

gilesypopper

I wouldn't mind a bit of a buzz, but I could hear it several feet away at muted and low volume. Figured I'd get a replacement set seen as I was still in the return period.

Sorry I can't be more of more techy help!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom