Panasonic Viera TX-32LZD85 or the Sony KDL-32W4000

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by sideburnbob, Feb 6, 2009.

1. sideburnbob

sideburnbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to the forum and this is one of my first posts.

I am considering either the  Panasonic Viera TX-32LZD85 or the  Sony KDL-32W4000.

The main use of the screen will be to connect to my Apple MacBookPro 15" Laptop. I am a graphic designer and I want a better setup with a big screen for the design work I do. I have read up n all the 32inch TV's and come down to these 2 as the best. I also want to use the screen as a TV to watch Freeview/DVD/Blu-ray and PS3 eventually (which is why I want the 1080p setup).

Does anyone know which would be the best for me?

Also... regarding connecting DVI-HDMI... On Which? Online review the Spec on these two tv's seems to differ when it comes to Computer connection. (See Attached Image - below)

[​IMG]

The Difference is that the Panasonic has VGA listed and the Sony has VGA and HDMI. The little description also hints at a specific computer configured HDMI.

Is there any difference between the two regarding HDMI and connecting a laptop or is this Which? making a bit of a typo? I assumed that as both have HDMI they are equal at handling computer screen resolutions. Am I wrong on is this review info wrong?

I would really appreciate your help on this.The sooner I can understand this the sooner I can make a decision and buy a nice big shiny screen!