Panasonic Viera TX-32LXD70 or not?

quacker

Novice Member
Have done research, read reviews, and found this Panasonic Viera TX-32LXD70 is just about what I need. Then I check on here and see millions of options! Is there anything better for a similar cost and what should I be looking at? or should I not change a good mind?

any constructive comments welcome.

n00b1979

Standard Member
I've not seen the D3000 or the latest Phillips tv set up in a home environment (the only way to really judge a tv) but I can confirm that the Panny is a fantastic tv.

I have relatives who have the Samsung 32 and the Sony S3000 and I can safeley say the Panny destroys them both.

striker_217

Standard Member
Hey,
I have myself done months of research on this and have come to the conclusion that the Panny is the best option especially for its price and also the 100Hz feature - the one which is better is a Sharp but you're looking to pay substatially more.

I ordered mine from House of Fraser for 599 + 5 yr warranty - they said it will arrive on the 10th Jan - best deal out there far as I know :thumbsup:

quacker

Novice Member
Cheers guys. Just a quick point. I have researched and compared until I am blue in the face - and then I do some more! I just found out yesterday a work colleague had done something similar and came to the same conclusion - He also figured the extra sound of the 700 was not worth the extra.

Oh yes and he also ordered from HOF and awaiting it on 8th January (I think) so seems like everyone has the same plan:clap:

striker_217

Standard Member
theres no way in hell i would pay 750 instead of 600 for better sound - hooking up my 2.1 lg speakers which i bought for 40 and are probably the best speaker purchase i have made will probably give better sound lol - excellent bass

quacker

Novice Member
theres no way in hell i would pay 750 instead of 600 for better sound - hooking up my 2.1 lg speakers which i bought for 40 and are probably the best speaker purchase i have made will probably give better sound lol - excellent bass

Yeah you say that friend, but does it go all the way up to 11?:smashin:

ahmed_uk

Standard Member
I had this tv for a couple days before i returned it, found the artifacts round fast moving objects too annoying, it occured during gaming on the 360 and during football as well, this is because you cannot turn off the 100Hz feature, if it wasnt for this i would have probably kept the tv but gameplay became unplayable for me.

Now i have the philips 32pfl9632d and i absoloutely love it!!!

smallclanger

I had this tv for a couple days before i returned it, found the artifacts round fast moving objects too annoying, it occured during gaming on the 360 and during football as well, this is because you cannot turn off the 100Hz feature, if it wasnt for this i would have probably kept the tv but gameplay became unplayable for me.

Now i have the philips 32pfl9632d and i absoloutely love it!!!

Maybe that was a fault. I have had my LXD700 now since November and not had any artifacts on the 360 - been playing COD4, Orange box etc. Plus TV and films look great.

KevRuss

Novice Member
Maybe that was a fault. I have had my LXD700 now since November and not had any artifacts on the 360 - been playing COD4, Orange box etc. Plus TV and films look great.

I have it. Its bloody annoying too. I took the first tv back and the second one did it too. However, people on here tell me that the sony`s can do it too. I specifically wrote panny an email asking them for an option to be downloaded so you can turn off 50/100hz. They didnt seem interested though.

I have never had it occur on films or the 360 though. It can do it around the players on footie when you get fast close up shots. It does it badly on the grand prix at the sides of the screen when it pans. Also on my wii when it pans fast on mario and sonic at the olympics. Otherwise a great tv.

quacker

Novice Member
Sounds a flaw to me! - is it not just a case of all these tv's have these problems oe similar? - especially as every review/comparison I have read has it above the philips 32pfl9632d.

Maybe I'm being too old fashioned in sticking with Panasonic & Sony?

n00b1979

Standard Member
I've not seen any of these problems but I sit about 7ft away from the screen so they'd have to be really bad for me to see them I guess.

Also, I have the V+ Box and XBox 360 connected to the tv with very decent HDMI cables. Saying that, my DVD is still hooked up using RGB Scart (again, a decent Scart) and while the picture is extremely good, I'll be shopping around for some good Component cables this weekend.

striker_217

Standard Member
would cables from hdmi.co.uk do the job well enough? or am i looking to pay £30 for hdmi cable for my ps3 too???

Novice Member
i dont get the picture issues with the tv mentioned?
mine works fine a reduction in the sharpness setting and putting it in the right picture mode means footy looks great.
with hd content, ie my ps3. the picture settings need little to no tweaking at all.
the panny lxd70 comes highly reccomended by me.the sound is pretty good too

olisun

I ordered mine from House of Fraser for 599 + 5 yr warranty - they said it will arrive on the 10th Jan - best deal out there far as I know :thumbsup:

Do you have a link to the above deal???

I can't see the 5yrs warranty mentioned on their site

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Great TV And For A Great Price.

Had It For A Few Months Now And No Problems At All.
SKY+ Looks Awesome Through it And So Does My 360.
Play Alot Of Games And Watch Alot Of Rugby And Not Had Any Problems.

Highly Recomend This TV.

Dont Be Put Off With The Small Minority That Have Had Problems.....Its A Great TV.

Deftones82

House of Fraser deal is advertised in their instore sale leaflets and only available at those stores that have an electrical department, ie not small electricals.

Birmingham is one for example.

If you are nearer a John Lewis then just get them to Pricematch House of Fraser or Empire Direct.

Or if you want the Philips 9632, get from John Lewis with their free 5 year warranty and Pricematch with Empire Direct at 649. (I did)

striker_217

Standard Member
Do you have a link to the above deal???

I can't see the 5yrs warranty mentioned on their site

you wont find it on their site - when i tried looking on there i couldnt even find this model.

the deal is only available in their stores - i got mine from oxford street in London.

tried to get John Lewis to price match since someone mentioned i might be better of with a JL warranty since its their own and apparently HoFs is done by a seperate company - they said theyd get back to me in 3-4 days for a price match - still havent called me after a week :suicide:

n00b1979

Standard Member
would cables from hdmi.co.uk do the job well enough? or am i looking to pay £30 for hdmi cable for my ps3 too???

Ok, I've just done a few experiments with the TV and my Xbox 360...

With a freebie HDMI lead there are a few artifacts around Ronaldinho's legs when he's running around on the loading screen on FIFA (the bit where you practice shooting)... BUT you have to be less than 4 feet away from the screen to see them. With a QED HDMI I couldn't see any at all...

To be honest, if you're sitting the recommended distance from the screen (6.5-7.5ft) you don't really need an expensive HDMI cable for gaming because the differences are negligible.

In follow up to my last post, I bought the Monster Component leads yesterday and hooked up my aging DVD player up using them. Very pleased with the result!

striker_217

Standard Member
... BUT you have to be less than 4 feet away from the screen to see them. With a QED HDMI I couldn't see any at all...

ill b sitting about 4-5 feet away - didnt think gettin a 26" for only £50 less was much value really - might get a wall bracket later and put it further away

how much am i looking to pay for a good HDMI cable realistically to see no artifacts from 4-5 feet away???

CJTheBrave

Standard Member
I've had the panny 32LXD70 for a few days. I have an 'old' DMR-E85 SD DVD/HDD recorder. I am getting pretty bad artefacts around material recorded 'off air' when played back on the telly. which is not present if I watch that source direct on the TV. I have tried changing Scart cables and output formats (RGB / Video / SVideo etc) from the DVD - havent tried Component yet - but it is pretty annoying when trying to watch Match of the Day etc.
These artefacts are also visible when watching normal SD pre-recorded DVD's too - disney etc. though not to the same extent.
Anyone have any suggestions / advice on how to get round this, or is it a 'Feature' of the TV?? Wondering whether there's a fault??
Thanks

L

littlebighorse

Apologies for going slightly off topic but I notice that Price Runner has a model stocked at a few places called the Panasonic TX32LXD69A which is listed as "new".
Can anyone confirm whether this is a old model (as the number would suggest) or that it is a newer / special version of the model being discussed in this thread. Also with it being around the £500-£550 mark is it better value than the LMD70?
Obviously it could perhaps be an alternative for someone looking for a LXD70
Thanks.

n00b1979

Standard Member
ill b sitting about 4-5 feet away - didnt think gettin a 26" for only £50 less was much value really - might get a wall bracket later and put it further away

how much am i looking to pay for a good HDMI cable realistically to see no artifacts from 4-5 feet away???

4-5 feet away is definitely 26inch territory... Freeview and even V+ with a good HDMI is going to be pretty poor on the 32inch from that kind of distance. You could probably get away with it for gaming assuming you don't go blind from the brightness! For the record, I use a Cambridge Audio HDMI for my 360, it cost 30 quid from Richer Sounds but like I said earlier, it wasn't really necessary.

When I said there were artifacts on the 360, there were only a few. Not as much as you can see on a CRT showing a Setanta football match for example.

R

RandomDude

Ok, I've just done a few experiments with the TV and my Xbox 360...

With a freebie HDMI lead there are a few artifacts around Ronaldinho's legs when he's running around on the loading screen on FIFA (the bit where you practice shooting)... BUT you have to be less than 4 feet away from the screen to see them. With a QED HDMI I couldn't see any at all...

Expensive HDMI cables are no different to cheap ones. It's digital. Expensive ones are for people that don't know any better.

I have it. Its bloody annoying too. I took the first tv back and the second one did it too. However, people on here tell me that the sony`s can do it too. I specifically wrote panny an email asking them for an option to be downloaded so you can turn off 50/100hz. They didnt seem interested though.

Yeah, the Sony does it aswell. I notice it on my SonyD3000, it's exactly the same as how the Panasonic was. Difference is though once you turn 100Hz off the artifacts go, but with the Panasonic you don't have that option.

It's not a fault. it's on every Panasonic TV:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657849&page=2

striker_217

Standard Member
4-5 feet away is definitely 26inch territory... Freeview and even V+ with a good HDMI is going to be pretty poor on the 32inch from that kind of distance. You could probably get away with it for gaming assuming you don't go blind from the brightness! For the record, I use a Cambridge Audio HDMI for my 360, it cost 30 quid from Richer Sounds but like I said earlier, it wasn't really necessary.

When I said there were artifacts on the 360, there were only a few. Not as much as you can see on a CRT showing a Setanta football match for example.

Well I purchased a Monster cable today from eBay which is supposedly "genuine" for £30, claims of an RRP of £159 - its the M1000DAV 2M.

I'm gonna try from this kinda distance - if not I guess i'll just have to get used to sitting on my bed with a laptop instead of my chair and on the PC lol.

Should increase the distance from 4-5 ft to about 7ft or so ...

any way of checkin if this cable is genuine btw??? If i c postage from China its going right back for a refund lol :rotfl:

Thanks for all your help btw :D :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Falcon Acoustics launches Q7 speaker kit
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Polk launches React soundbar with Alexa
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Dolby honoured by National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
  • By Andy Bassett