Panasonic Viera tx-32lxd60 - No sound for 15 minutes after switch on

Apley

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a fairly old Panasonic Viera tx-32lxd60 and whenever I switch on (either power on or from stand-by) I have no sound for 15 minutes; and depending on the source, no picture.

If I only use DVB I get a blank screen and no sound for that time. If I power on to a Manhattan Freesat on HDMI, I get a picture but still no sound.

After 15 minutes when I can get a DVB picture (either straight from power on or after switching from HDMI) there's still no sound until I change modes. With DVB only I still have to switch to analogue and back, with HDMI connected I still have to switch between DVB/HDMI to get sound.

Switching between HDMI and DVB before the DVB picture appears does nothing to help, but once the sound kicks in, there's no further issues whatsoever.

Anybody got any ideas if or how it can be fixed? I'm almost resigned to buying a new TV, but would prefer not to have to outlay the money!

Fault symptoms that clear after a warmup period are almost always caused by ageing electrolytic capacitors in the power supply.
You could try and source a replacement psu board.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom