1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Viera - S-Video to SCART

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pchurch, Jan 19, 2005.

1. pchurch

pchurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me (as I'm new here) but I hope there's a really simple answer to the following.

I've just got TH37PE30B Viera which is be used with a Sony Surround/Sound all-in-once DVD which has a S-Video output (no component)

I assumed that I could use a S-Video to SCART lead (invested in a Monster THX spec cable) but all I get is a Black and White picture!

I've connected the feed to the AV4 SCART which accoriding to the manual is S-Video compliant.

I'm selecting the AV4 source by pressing the AV remote button and then the blue button (for AV4).

Am I missing a set-up option on the TV?

2. Katiesdad

Katiesdad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

You need to press the blue button twice for AV4S (S Video) or three times ofr AV4C (Component)

This should bring a bit of colour to your life :thumbsup:

On On

Paul

3. pchurch

pchurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I knew it must be something simple, why of why don't Panasonic mention this in the manual (or am I blind?)

Thanks ALOT!!!
    Paul

4. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    On a slightly related note, does your DVD player have RGB SCART out? I saw you mention it had no component but did have S-Video. If your player does have RGB out then using this signal will give you a better picture than S-Video. You'll still be able to use AV4 on your Viera and the TV will automatically display an RGB signal (Will show AV4RGB) rather than you having to toggle the blue button on the remote to get AV4S etc.

Just a thought and a bit of a moot point if your player doesn't support RGB out.

S.

5. pchurch

pchurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunatley the DVD only has S-Video or Video out (yellow jack - single lead)