• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic Viera - new 2009 models?

Neil294

I've been searching online for any shops with the panasonic viera tx-37lzd800 in stock. It's been proving difficult. I thought I'd found one this afternoon, but on actually picking up the phone and speaking to a real person, was told that they didn't have any in stock as the range has been discontinued. He went on to say that a replacement range was due for delivery in approximately one month and the advice was to wait. Has anyone heard anything about this new range?

I've dropped Panasonic customer services an email and will update if I get a response. Any Viera owners had emails from Panasonic advertising a new range?

Thanks

Syphonic

Panasonic USA Pressroom

Panasonic said:
Panasonic VIERA LCD HDTV

In 2009, Panasonic will continue to demonstrate its strong and growing commitment to the LCD marketplace by more than doubling the number of its 2009 VIERA LCD model offerings (12 models, up from 5 in 2008), introducing a new screen size (the 19-inch class X1 series), and launching an innovative, new iPod/HDTV entertainment solution.

G1 Series

Panasonic's top-of-the-line LCD is the VIERA G1 series featuring the 1080p TC-L37G1, 37-inch class (37” measured diagonally) TV and the 720p TC-L32G1, 32-inch class (31.5” measured diagonally) model. Both TVs offer 120Hz Motion Picture Pro3 technology that ensures crisp, focused images for sports, dramatic action, and all other fast-moving scenes; an IPS Alpha Display Panel that deliver a 178º wide viewing angle and bright, clear images from any location in the room; and VIERA Image Viewer that provides the consumer with an easy way to view and share their digital photos via the TV's built-in SD card reader. The G1 LCD's also feature VIERA Link™; a PC input; Game mode, a 20:000:1 contrast ratio; 3 HDMI inputs, and a swivel base and narrow bezel design. The G1 series will be available in April 2009.

S1 Series

The VIERA LCD S1 series, available in March 2009, features two screen sizes with 1080p resolution - the 32-inch class (31.5” measured diagonally) and 37-inch class (37” measured diagonally) models. These two televisions feature Motion Focus technology; IPS Alpha Panel with 178% viewing angle; the VIERA Image Viewer function; VIERA Link; 15,000:1 native contrast ratio; PC Input, 3 HDMI inputs and Game mode.

X1 Series

Panasonic's 720p VIERA X1 LCD series introduces both an iPod entertainment Kit and the new19-inch class (19” measured diagonally) screen size to the LCD family. There are three more screen sizes in this line – 26-inch class (26” measured diagonally), 32-inch class (31.5” measured diagonally) and 37-inch class (37” measured diagonally). The iPod® entertainment kit allows consumer to enjoy their iPod music and videos on the X1 series' high definition screen and provides the unique convenience of controlling the playback of iPod content using only the VIERA's remote control. Other X1 features includes VIERA Image Viewer; VIERA Link™; a PC input; a Game mode; a 12000:1 contrast ratio, and 3 HDMI inputs on the 32” and 37” screen sizes. The 37-inch and 32-inch will be available in March 2009, 26-inch in April and the 19-inch in August.

Neil294

Cheers for that.

Do Panasonic go for global releases, or phased releases? Just wondering if the April date for the G1 is indicative for the UK. Hope so. Will just have to hang on to my Sony CRT-beast for a bit longer.

The Fulwell

Appreciated here too.

After a huge amount of research, I opted for the 37LZD800 but decided to hang fire for a month or two in the hope that the price would be reduced.

It's, therefore, a bit disconcerting to learn that it's no longer in production.

By the way, I was advised by a John Lewis worker that the Panasonic factory shut down for a full 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year, hence the shortage of supply of their TVs in the shops.

tripletrouble

Standard Member
I got an 800 from 123electricals4me after the demise of ED.
In stock, next day free delivery as well, arrived this morning.
I'd made my mind up on this TV as if I waited for the 2009 models the whole round of looking at test results, looking for the best buy and all that jazz would have started again and i'd had enough!

futura888

Standard Member
I managed to pickup a 37lzd800 a few weeks ago from John Lewis, it should be delivered next weekend. Got them to price match with richer sounds. It was 860 incl delivery

SuZee

I got an 800 from 123electricals4me after the demise of ED.
In stock, next day free delivery as well, arrived this morning.
I'd made my mind up on this TV as if I waited for the 2009 models the whole round of looking at test results, looking for the best buy and all that jazz would have started again and i'd had enough!

ED - are you talking about Empire Direct or somebody else?

Neil294

ED - are you talking about Empire Direct or somebody else?

Yep - guessing that was Empire Direct. Went onto their website last week and got a nice note from their administrators.

Neither John Lewis or 123electricals4me have the TV in stock now, and I'd originally spoken to Richer Sounds who were the ones that told me about the change to the models. However, I've now had the following response from Panasonic on my query:
Thank you for your email enquiry.

In response, I would clarify that the TX37LZD800 is still featured in Panasonic's current range, however it is unfortunately out of stock at present.

This product has been very well received into the market place and the demand from retailers has been very high in order to satisfy customer requests. Unfortunately, as with any item that proves very popular, there are times when supplies are completely diminished and replenishment is necessary. This is the situation with this particular model. I am sure you will appreciate that we endeavour to fulfil orders as quickly as possible.

Your retailer will be able to clarify this further, as they will be able to contact their area sales manager for full details.

So it looks like it will be available again, but unfortunately may be moe expensive, as per this thread here.

Think I'm going to wait and see. I can't find any other 37" telly I really like within my budget.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom