1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Viera is the one?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by LG Chet, Jan 28, 2005.

1. LG Chet

LG Chet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys,

My story so far is that I initially purchased an LG RZ-42PX11 which went back becuase of a fault and then I went onto a Samsung LCD which has horrendous ghosting and a lot of facial banding.

Therefore, I will now be hoping to be 3rd time lucky and purchase the Panasonic Viera 37" for £2000

My question to you guys is what is the PQ like from Sky+ via a quality RGB scart lead? so far my fears are Solerisation, football viewing and Ghosting. Im hoping for very little or none solerisation on the Viera, otherwise maybe a CRT is the answer?

Appreciate your help.

2. rotty

rotty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I don't watch much football ( :boring: ) but watch pretty much everything else. Recently bought a 37" Viera as after previewing many makes and models, seemed the best deal (with stand) and much the best picture quality.

I have a Pace V1 Sky+ and was worried about the things you have listed, but my panel certainly exhibits none of the usually reported 'features' often found on other panels...

I have no:
    • Lip Sync Issues
    • Solarisation
    • Smearing
    • Blurring
    • Ghosting
    • Banding

After the totally rubbish Hitachi CRT which had the usual geometry and 'dirty tube' issues, switching my Viera on for the first time was a revelation. I can only get TV via Sky (analogue signal is rubbish) and have no use for the DTT tuner.

If you can live with the lack of Digital input for HDTV, then it seems that the Viera should make you happy.

Regards,

Mark

3. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I would have to agree with rotty, I have the 42" version and have excellent pictures. Football looks fine to me too not that I watch it, that's the hubbie's department.

4. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would also endorse the Viera, had mine for five weeks now with no problems at all and exerlent PQ.

5. buzzby

buzzby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the 42" and it ROCKS. Buy a VIERA you WILL NOT be disapointed