Panasonic Viera / HDMI issues

JordyLad

Standard Member
Hi
I have a few issues (and therefore questions) with my equipment that I have just put together.

To start, I have…a Panasonic Viera HDTV 26" LZD80, a Panasonic DVD recorder (DMR-EZ28) that I have just bought, both have digital tuners.
I haven't activated the Viera Link (primarily because I can't see what the advantages are, other than they switch each other on!).

1) Channels -
I have linked the DVD to the TV with a HDMI cable.
When I choose the 1080p option, I lose half the DVB channels! When I revert back to the 576p it was originally on - I get all the channels back again. Why is this? That's why I bought these machines - to get proper HD, from playing DVD's (at least until broadcasts arrive).

2) Discs -
I put in a +RW disc, which had already got some programmes on it (that I recorded with my Phillips DVD recorder) - and tried to delete them, but it said that I couldn't do that. Is this because the disc is not transferrable to the Panny? I didn't knowingly Finalise the discs.
Or have I got the wrong discs? I hear that 'DVD Ram' is good, why?, and what does it mean when it comes in a cartridge? Are these any good ->http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-PANASONIC-DVD-RAM-9-4GB-DISCS-WITH-CARTRIDGES-2-3X_W0QQitemZ150299758588QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_ComputerComponents_BlankCDsDVDs?hash=item22fe904ffc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1690%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

3) I'm also interested in getting 'surround sound', (ie. just 2 small speakers will do) - I'm guessing that HDMI connection is out because I don't to spend anymore than £70 really. Also I want the base unit to fit inside the TV stand so it will have to be no more than 4 or 5 inches high. So some half-decent micro/mini-system? I don't need a DVD player, so a home cinema isn't necessary. Any suggestions?

I'd be very grateful for some insight.
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom